Anyway to do this?

ddarvish

Reaction score
i dunno what everyone is talking about but VZW requires ALLL smartphones to have data plans and it is impossible to have a smartphone on the network without a data plan unless you do some VERY illegal and hard hacking of cloning the ESN of a dumbphone onto your droid so that vzw thinks you dont have the droid.. basically impossible

Ms Tasty

Reaction score
Toggle Between wifi and radio on

Ok so quick maybe dumb question... So assuming I had the phone (droid) w/o the data plan and wanted to access the internet through local wifi. If I used *#*#4636#*#* to select phone information and turn the radio off to do it. Is it that simple just to turn it back on when I'm done, or do I have to reactivate or do anything extraneous to get it to act as a phone again? Just curious..

crdnilfan

Reaction score
i thought thats what "DroidWall" was for?
maybe i'm wrong, its for root phones only i know, but it blocks in and out bound data on android phones so that wifi is the only thing used for data.

if i'm wrong, sorry, just trying to help.

[edit]
it's in the market for free

"A firewall for Android. This is for users that don't have an unlimited data plan. It allows unrestricted WiFi access, however it blocks all access over the cellular network unless you add the application to the whitelist.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
i thought thats what "DroidWall" was for?
maybe i'm wrong, its for root phones only i know, but it blocks in and out bound data on android phones so that wifi is the only thing used for data.

if i'm wrong, sorry, just trying to help.

[edit]
it's in the market for free

"A firewall for Android. This is for users that don't have an unlimited data plan. It allows unrestricted WiFi access, however it blocks all access over the cellular network unless you add the application to the whitelist.

It does...But whats the point..

crdnilfan

Reaction score
maybe i misunderstood what he's looking for...i thought he wanted to be able to use wifi for the internet without a data plan...

freddroidhead

Reaction score
You can have your Droid on another carrier with no data plan. I have mine activated on Pageplus which uses Verizon's towers. For $30 they will give you 1200 minutes and 1200 texts also 50 MB's of data but once the 50 MB's of data runs out you can still make calls but not surf the net apart from being on WiFi. The GPS still works without the data but it wont be able to navigqate you because the web page with the map won't load up. If you don't surf the net much or constantly need to be navigated everywhere 50 MB's may last you a month.