Anyone watch Jeopardy: The IBM Challenge last night? (Live Wallpaper Question)

EvanTheGamer

Reaction score
Well...did anyone?

From yesterday to this Wednesday, IBM is showcasing their supercomputer, Watson, who has been pitted against two of the top players of the history of Jeopardy.

Anyways, Watson did quite well the first day, and now it'll be on again tonight at 7:30PM PST, in case anyone is interested.

Enough rambling..sorry, lol...that's not why I made this thread. I actually wanted to know if something was possible. Below is a avatar of Watson:

ibmwatsonsupercomputera.png

And here's a video of Watson in animated form:

[video=youtube;qO1i7-Qx00k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO1i7-Qx00k&feature=fvwrel]YouTube - IBM Computer Taking on 'Jeopardy!' Champs[/video]

So my question is...is there a way to make Watson, that avatar, a live wallpaper? With the colors and the swirling (or whatever) line thingys going around that light source, etc...and maybe even, when there's a sound alert or notification, the thing lights up (or whatever), as if Watson was talking or even breathing, etc, sorta like in the video.

I know this is extremely stretching, but since there's a lot of smart Android devs among us, someone might know how to make something like that.

Just curious is all as to if this is even possible. Honestly, I think that could be one hell of a live wallpaper.

Thank you!

Last edited:

jimmyco2008

Reaction score
Well even if a developer were to take that on (and it would be a cool wallpaper by the way) be prepared to pay someone, because it's not everyday someone requests a new supercomputer's avatar/icon. The easiest way would be to take a video file of the animation and pretty much directly port it to an .apk....

But I don't know a lot about that, so I can't help ya there :/

But that would be a cool live wallpaper!

Last edited:

debrad0307

Reaction score
Watson is amazing. The guy keeping up with it was more impressive though.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App