Anyone using set cpu on the X2?

03civicdx

Reaction score
Just rooted last night and looking to see if anyone is using set cpu? Or if its even possible?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

in99flames

Reaction score
Its possible to use the program no problem. If you ar elooking for overclock, dont bother yet. We do not have a custom kernel to overclock the X2 yet. You will only be able to set the clock speed to 1ghz and under

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
We've Established The Sliders Work For About 30 Seconds, But The Profiles Seem To Work All The Time. You're Gonna Have Try And See What It Does On X2 If You Have Already Purchased The App Prior. If Not I Would Recommend One Of The Free CPU Changers.

OP
03civicdx

03civicdx

Reaction score
Yeah, I bought the app for my D1 back when I rooted it. I'm aware I can't over clock just yet. Just kinda wanted to play around with the profiles. I might install it later and fiddle with it and see what she will do.

scornedpatriot

Reaction score
We've Established The Sliders Work For About 30 Seconds, But The Profiles Seem To Work All The Time. You're Gonna Have Try And See What It Does On X2 If You Have Already Purchased The App Prior. If Not I Would Recommend One Of The Free CPU Changers.

I can't even get the profiles to work correctly. The tray notification shows what speeds I've set based on profiles but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Reaction score
Seeing that this is a duel core processor I can't see HOW it can work properly. I've seen no indication that any of the CPU speed managers recognize both CPUs in the unit.

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
Seeing that this is a duel core processor I can't see HOW it can work properly. I've seen no indication that any of the CPU speed managers recognize both CPUs in the unit.

Might Wanna Email The Author Of SETCPU, It Clearly States The Xoom. I'm 99% Positive That's Sporting The Same Tegra2 As Us.

jayb

Reaction score
Might Wanna Email The Author Of SETCPU, It Clearly States The Xoom. I'm 99% Positive That's Sporting The Same Tegra2 As Us.

I can tell you that the Set CPU does work on the Xoom.........I have mine set at 1.7ghz .......I was looking here to see if anyone had got the bootloader cracked yet. Guess they might not ever but if they do Set CPU will work I bet.

OP
03civicdx

03civicdx

Reaction score
Bump... anyone got this to work on the x2 yet?

Sent from my liberated X2.

adamwhitehead

Reaction score
Rom toolbox's CPU slider will work on the x2

adamwhitehead

Reaction score
But does it actually over clock? If so how high?

Sent from my liberated X2.

You can't overclock a dx2, I was saying you can scale the phone using the app... sorry to get your hopes up lol

RoyR80

Reaction score
It doesn't fully work, correct. However it will control 1core, and thats better than nothing. By knocking a single core to low setting while the screen is off, can save batt life.... Otherwise it helps with thermal monitoring.

ANATELConsult

Reaction score
Rom toolbox's CPU slider will work on the x2

hi, fairly techie but definitely a root/rom noob.... i have my X2 rooted and SetCPU configs for underclocking profiles. i downloaded ROM Toolbox, but the cpu slider still only shows max of 1000MHz...

dont know if i need some other rom installed, i'm on Clockwork Mod.

Thx,
Pete

adamwhitehead

Reaction score
hi, fairly techie but definitely a root/rom noob.... i have my X2 rooted and SetCPU configs for underclocking profiles. i downloaded ROM Toolbox, but the cpu slider still only shows max of 1000MHz...

dont know if i need some other rom installed, i'm on Clockwork Mod.

Thx,
Pete

You can't overclock an x2, only underclock