Anyone use VZW/Asurian to replace their Droid yet?

pudah

Reaction score
I messed up my droid this weekend in a stupid act. It still works, but not great and I'm tempted to replace it using the vzw insurance. Has anyone done this yet? Are they still coming as new replacements or are the refurbs out yet? If refurbs have they been doing a good job? Anyone know how to backup the browser bookmarks?

smcannon

Reaction score
I messed up my droid this weekend in a stupid act. It still works, but not great and I'm tempted to replace it using the vzw insurance. Has anyone done this yet? Are they still coming as new replacements or are the refurbs out yet? If refurbs have they been doing a good job? Anyone know how to backup the browser bookmarks?

If it's not broken by damage or water, Asuria won't replace it. The good news is that Verizon will. They'll replace it for $50. Whether it's new or a refurb however, is a coinflip.

DROIDMASTER

Reaction score
If you have insurance then they should give you a new one for $50 not a refurb. I think...

Browser bookmarks cannot be backed up unless you use dolphine it puts it on the sd card.

What happened to your phone jw?

foedawg

Reaction score
Mine would reboot every 3 min Verizon sent me another one for free in two days

OP
pudah

pudah

Reaction score
Well, the insurance will replace it if I lose it or it's damaged in any way. You have to pay the deductible. They offer refurbs if available, or new if not. I purchased my phone at Best Buy and took out the VZW insurance plan, not the BB plan. It's older than 30 days, so BB will not replace it anymore. If I take it to VZW they will not do anything unless it's a defect. I could call VZW and say it's rebooting all the time, but those replacements will be refurbs too, likely. At least that is what the guy in a VZW store said (when I asked before I messed the phone up). Does anyone have actual experience with directly talking to VZW on the phone for a defect replacement, or with using the asurian insurance to replace an actual droid?

For what it's worth, I dropped it hard on gravel. The metal is all chewed up, the screen has some deep scratches on it, and the slider wobbles and is loose now. I never drop my phone, but I was outside in the cold, wearing gloves, and after a beer tasting which consisted on 12 7 oz beers in about 45 min... they all added up to my being stupid and dropping the phone.