Anyone Know What That Brownish Surface Is?

ajGoes

Reaction score
Hi folks. I think I got the answer to my title's question: it's the "ground", the surface that holds up the snow. Who knew?

I've been following the forum for six or eight weeks now and have gotten lots of valuable tips. After years of dedication to my Palm Tungsten and an everyday cell phone, I decided the Droid would be a suitable replacement. I wanted something with a really big, nice screen, a keyboard, Outlook integration, and the ability to run a few apps. The apps I used on my Palm were an ebook reader, a French-English dictionary, and an RPN calculator. I was also looking forward to all the amazingly cool new stuff on a smartphone.

My experience is pretty mixed. The keyboard is usable but frustrating -- why did Motorola take up such a large area with the rarely-used pointer button? Obviously the Droid does well in the apps department, but it has yet to approach the usability of the Beyond Contacts app that synched the Palm to Outlook. There are plenty of threads discussing the surprising weakness of the Droid's calendar, particularly its inability to repeat reminders. Overall, I'm telling people who ask that Android is great for people who enjoy getting into a system's guts but not for most folks who just want something easy to use.

I think Google should give Android an easy & friendly shell that hides the geeky side, with improved "discoverability" (easy access to features users will logically want at any given time). Those who want to would have a way to get into the more complicated and less cluttered UI we see on today's Droid.

So there you have it!

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, ajGoes! Glad you've decide to join us!

:welcome: