Anyone Into Code?

condor97

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This probably seems off the wall, and quite frankly I would say it is, but here we are lol....

I repeatedly see items in my various feeds that have seemingly been extracted from recent conversations, whether they be phone conversations or just casual. The biggest offenders seem to be YouTube and Facebook. For instance... Today I was talking with my friends about the Kobe Bryant crash, and it turned into a conversation about flying. A very short time later I see an ad pop up in FB about flying lessons. I don't even have FB installed on my phone for specifically this reason (I use my browser).

It's pretty creepy, and I know I'm not the only one. I've done everything I can think of to try to try to disable whatever it is from snooping, including disabling microphone permissions in every app I can think of.

Is there anyone who does code that can do some digging and explain what is snooping on us?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
fdcc28740b8b099951dc79564c41e86d.jpg

Last edited:

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
We are tracked on everything we do ... Google is one of the contributors... You can do a few things like a VPN or other tracking blockers ... I don't pay them no mind bc we get them in everything we do . I haven't really looked into it further tbh

Note10+

OP
condor97

condor97

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
We are tracked on everything we do ... Google is one of the contributors... You can do a few things like a VPN or other tracking blockers ... I don't pay them no mind bc we get them in everything we do . I haven't really looked into it further tbh

Note10+
Thanks, BK. Tracked I can handle. Recorded at all times, I am not a fan of. And it's not because there is anything particularly interesting that I have to say, it is the principle of the matter.

I agree with you, Google is the main culprit. I just wish there was some way to disable it.

OP
condor97

condor97

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't mean to beat a dead horse here, so my apologies. I had a phone conversation last night where we discussed a show on Netflix called The Last Czars. Part of the conversation centered on Rasputin. This popped up in my YouTube feed this morning.

I love my Google apps, which makes it so hard to part with them. It has gotten a little creepy though.

e8d601b71ccd2d567a916fda6c239e9b.jpg

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The only app I have seen do this so far is Yahoo Mail. I stopped paying the .99 cents a month for ad free a long time ago. But the in-app ads that appeared were definitely related to conversations my wife and I had, or things that were on TV. It had to be listening when it should not have been....had to be. So I uninstalled that app and hardly ever use Yahoo for anything anymore.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

OP
condor97

condor97

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Maybe I'm being overly paranoid. It just happens so often that it weirds me out. Maybe it's just this phone lol. Time for the S20?