Anyone from Australia?

TerryS

Reaction score
Anyone here from Australia who is using this phone (Droid 4)?

From what I read Droid 4 is a global phone now, but it is not clear has it been tested in Australia or not (how global the "global" is)
as I have heard that the previous US-but-unlocked models has not been working here in Oz.

Also, what is the best way to buy a unlocked Droid 4 and import it to Australia?
I was chatting with a Verizon sales person and she said they only ship it within US :angry:

Cheers.

OP
T

TerryS

Reaction score
I'm running an unlocked version I purchased from the US. The phone was new with ICS update preinstalled

This is the one i purchased
eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d?r

I switched to the optus network using an a amaysim
https://www.amaysim.com.au/mobile-plans.html

As far as I can tell only Optus will give you high speed internet. they are the only ones that will be rolling out compatible 4G as well. Vodaphone have dropped out and Telstra system uses no stand frequencies

Cheers
34by151

Thanks mate for sharing the info.

I bought mine from the same seller. It took a while to get it delivered though.

I am on Optus too, but (by comparison to my previous Xperi phone) I rarely get the 3G out of D4. Most of the time it tries to connect on 3G for a few seconds before switching to GPRS.

Another thing that I found that it at times does not automatically switch to WIFI network and stays on the mobile internet.

Otherwise a great phone, with a great keyboard, one key (a "shift" key on the right side, perhaps instead of "ok") away from the great.