Anyone else keeping (getting) a X and an Incredible?

Matthast

Reaction score
I pre-ordered the X the first day it was available at Best Buy. I've been stoked on the phone since back when it was called a Shadow and got left in a gym locker room.

However, with all of the (potential) bootloader issues I decided to pick up an HTC Incredible as well (retail) as my backup device for if the devs are having a really tough time with the X and seemingly not making any progress.

I decided that I would rather get an Incredible before they switch out to the LCD screen - and I will just use it on WiFi and for trying out ROMs while using my Droid X as my actual Verizon device.

Anyone else doing anything similar? I know a lot of people on these forums aren't sure exactly what they are going to do / end up with as a direct result of the Droid X bootloader problem. I'm curious to hear what other options people in a similar situation to me are deciding on.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Wow seems like you got a lot of pocket money..I think many of us would sell the other phone.

him

Reaction score
Why do you need two phones...so you are basicly buying one to try roms? Seems like a waste.

OP
Matthast

Matthast

Reaction score
I am buying one to try ROMs / use on WiFi for a couple months while I attempt to figure out what the landscape of the development for the Droid X is looking like. After an unknown amount of time I'm going to make a decision and sell one of the phones.

EDIT:

Also, just for those of you that care, I'm far from being made of money. I just prioritize in a different way than most people. Playing around with (my step-brother's) Android device has become one of my main hobbies for tinkering around on, and is the only hobby I am spending money on. As soon as my phones come in the Moto Droid is being returned to its rightful owner.

I'm eligible for an upgrade to the Droid X, so that plus the cost of finding a good priced HTC Incredible used on craigslist is only $40 more than what someone who is buying the Droid X retail from Verizon is spending.

Last edited:

Signum

Reaction score
i have a moto droid, incredible, and might get the x