Anyone else expending a battery problems?

jimmythegent

Reaction score
I been noticing over the last few months my battery not living up to what it once was. Anyone else?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Well the battery could be showing its age..but you could also need to do an fdr..download gsam from the play store...run it... Don't turn your phone off for a few days but use and charge as normal...if kernel is using most of your battery...and you're a heavy screen on user..ya need to do a fdr IMHO...I had this issue myself...or it could be a rogue app..either way gsam will help you find out..

MAXXED OUT!!!

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
Well the battery could be showing its age..but you could also need to do an fdr..download gsam from the play store...run it... Don't turn your phone off for a few days but use and charge as normal...if kernel is using most of your battery...and you're a heavy screen on user..ya need to do a fdr IMHO...I had this issue myself...or it could be a rogue app..either way gsam will help you find out..

MAXXED OUT!!!

Thanx!

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
FDR. No way. I don't trust any backup from Verizon cloud

OldUncle

Reaction score
What is FDR?

I have the same issue as OP

I've read in suggestions about FDR and I feel I need it but...

I do not know what is that? :blink:

Anybody can explain what is FDR and how to do/obtain that?

TatDroid

Reaction score

FDR is a Factory Data Reset. It wipes your phone clean and returns your phone to its state when it left the factory (except that any operating system updates will remain). It's very similar to reinstalling Windows on a computer.

A FDR will erase any and all apps that were user installed, texts, phone logs, etc. It will also erase any music or pictures that were installed on the phone's internal memory.

A FDR will not erase any information stored on an external memory card, if your phone has one.

A FDR is very helpful in getting rid of a lot of old junk, unused cache, and random files that can cause phones to slow down and lag. But they do require some prep to back up information that you want to restore after the FDR.

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score

If Droids had a program like iTunes where you can literally break your phone in half, throw it out, then get the same one, and sync it with the program and its just like it was, I would be ALL for it, but this phone has nothing of the sort, I have NO idea why Android would try competing with Apple and not have said software.

I have seen countless complaints of the phones sluggishness, the crap-o-vision camera that cant take indoor pics unless the image your shooting stands still for 4 minutes and likes to be blinded for a half hour, the bugs, and even hardware issues.

Thankfully, I only have a year left and due for an upgrade.

I went with a Droid as I thought they were very easy to customize vs. Apples iOS. While at this moment I am still on the Droids side of the fence, I can tell you one thing for sure, should Apple come out with an iPhone with a 2500 mAH battery or higher, a larger display (4.7" is enough for me) and perhaps an iOS that is slightly more adjustable, Im getting an iPhone.

I LOVE my iPad2, its just for entertainment (movies, surfin the net on the throne, etc), it has never let me down, never crashed, etc. Sorry if this is long... but also, the fact that I could upgrade the device which is 2 years old to latest OS is great, now, look at what we have.... waiting on 4.4? Really?

And the worst is "oh Jimmy, just root your phone" - nah bro, thats cool, this phone is glitchy enough, not messing with it more.

That said, these Androids are here to stay, as there is certainly a market for them, but, in the long run, I strongly believe unless Android becomes more "uniformed" like the iOS, it will eventually go the way of BlackBerry. Cars are starting to come out now with Siri installed, though my car has Bluetooth audio and voice, its very buggy, some have said its my car, since its a 2013, the dash needs to be "flashed" but I dont think so, pretty sure its the phone.

Im NO fanboy of either OS, all I want is a phone that is consistent, hell, for the $700 retail tag price, is that too much to ask for?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Thank GOD we don't have a program like iTunes. You aren't seriously wishing for that, are you? I may have to stab you Jimmy.
I'd rather use an old flip phone then be tied into that BS iPhone ecosystem.
Maybe that's for you buddy, but most of us are pretty anti-walled garden approach of Apple.

But at this point... after reading so many of your posts... dude. You ARE an Apple person trapped on an Android phone. It's been real. It's been nice. It's time for you to move on. Go forth and be an Apple head. Please.

Talking about Migration, WOW does Moto Migrate work AWESOMELY! I will take this over iTunes BS Any. Day. of. the Week.
Trust me Jimmy I have migrated more phones then you will in your lifetime. Migrating an iPhone is almost always a pain in the ass and can take a LONG time.
"Oh but everything transfers over!!!!"
Great... except your aps which require some other hoops for you to jump through. And oh yea, your 16GB iPhone was just about out of space because you have 4000 pictures on it and lookie lookie your new one is out of space now too. Damn. Should have paid the extra $100 for 16 more gb's.

But I digress. MOTO MIGRATE FTW!!!!!!
Just migrated another user from a N4 to the new Moto X.
Here's how that went down.
Install Moto Migrate on old phone using a Wifi connection since new phone is already active.
Open Moto Migrate on old phone. Open Moto Migrate on new phone. Take a pic of old phone with new phone.
Wait 15 minutes.
Done.
OMG AWESOME!!!!!

I only wish it would let you choose to NOT synch pics or Music. It just does it all.

Attachments

• Migrate.jpg
    Migrate.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 382
OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
LOL, your making me sound like Im a girl trapped in a mans body lol!

Look, I see that Migrating thing, looks cool, and looks like it takes just as long a iTunes, if not longer, but thats not my point. Where the hell is OUR PC interface with our phones? Though I am not a huge fan of iTunes, at least when I do a back up or sync, I know, that should something happen to my iPad, I can just hook a new one up and I am good to go. This phone, no.

Hopefully in a year, when I get rid of this thing, there will be a more viable option in the Android world. If not, then I have to go with what makes me happy. Non-rooted, this phone is lagtastic, even the Cache Wipes arent working like they used to. I know its most likely a few apps I downloaded that may be doing this, for example, I downloaded a ringtone app, and I get once in a while an advertisement notification.

I just looked up this Moto Migrate, and the first review I read is EXACTLY what I was saying to myself:

Seriously???? Is this seriously the only way to transfer datas between phones that motorola offers? WHAT IF YOUR OLD PHONE IS BROKEN? What's the usual reason why people get new phones? Because the other one is not working anymore...I guess Ok the wireless thing is maybe attractive on paper...but if you cannot operate your old phone...well...it's just pointless design.

Sad but true. And as for memory, it depends on the user, I agree that Apple charging an additional 100 bucks per 16GBs is greedy, I have said that before and I will always say it. But thats how they get you... I forget the name of marketing that is, but they do it so you get the 32GB because its not the "lowest" and not the "highest", and that price point of 300 with a new contract is what they want.

And lastly, the iPhone is never laggy, why? I do not get this, my wifes 16 giger is never ever laggy, despite, like you said, filling up her phone with videos and pics (so much so I had to take a bunch off and put them on the PC).

And like I will keep saying, for $700, really? And where is 4.4 again?

JohnFH

Reaction score
So Jimmy, we have one more year
of complaint posts to go? And we are getting 4.4. I just hope that you are slightly less miserable than your posts indicate.

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
So Jimmy, we have one more year
of complaint posts to go? And we are getting 4.4. I just hope that you are slightly less miserable than your posts indicate.

Yes. One more year.

JohnFH

Reaction score
Well, maybe Kit Kat will get rid of some bugs and lag.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
And as I've said before I really think you got a lemon! They are not that laggy.
I have never once "nearly killed myself" futzing with the GPS.
I can damn near whisper in a quiet room "OK Google" and it hears me.
Combine that with Navi???
OK Google. Naviagte to 1 2 3 Public Square Road, Cleveland Ohio 44145
It really is THAT easy.

And you KEEP ON with the "it's a $700 phone!!!!'
Yea TECHNICALLY it is but we know it's not. Material cost is less then $200. YOU did not pay $700. That's BS marketing.
Yes, I DID pay for $650 for my wifes iPhone. That's another thread.

As for Moto Migrate: I read that exact same review as you. And I'm betting whoever posted that DIDN'T REALLY EVEN USE IT. First off, what is the #1 reason people replace the phone? Not because it's broken. Because the contract is up.
It's a PHONE. It's not a computer. I don't WANT to have to install software to back it up. Especially iTunes which I hate.
And I promise you Moto Migrate is 20X faster then iTUnes BECAUSE I DON'T NEED TO SPEND AN HOUR INSTALLING iTUNES. hehehe
It works right out of the box.
And of course not even ANY of that... if I threw my phone in the ocean and had to get a new one.... you know what I'd lose?
Ummm.... my SMS history (and I wouldn't lose that if I used Google Hangouts for SMS).
and yea, I'd lose my installed apps but not my list of apps. But personally I like getting a new phone with NO apps. It's a good time to clean out the junk.

Do you play Ingress Jimmy? ;)

OP
jimmythegent

jimmythegent

Reaction score
I do bring some good news.

I was in a fender bender after work, had NOTHING to do with the phone... go figure that one out!!! :)