Anyone Changing Device Manufacturers ?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Last year it seemed Motorola was the only manufacturer to be putting out a decent Android powered device, this year they have gained some stiff competition with HTC, Samsung, and possibly even Archos

I would like to see myself staying with Motorola as a level of customer loyalty but some of these new devices are making me question bigger and better things, but as of now my decision stands, I am sticking with Motorola and waiting out the end of the year to see what (if anything) they have in store for us

So the question remains are you sticking with Motorola, have you already jumped ship (or do you plan to) or was your first Android Device from one of the different manufacturers

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are Droids, and then there are Android phones.

A real Droid has the name Motorola on it. If it doesn't, it's a Android phone. Now that's not a put down on any Android phone out there, it's simply how I feel. Verizon calling the Incredible a Droid was just not right.

Incredible: Wonderful Android phone. Not a Droid.

I hope now with Motorola coming out with more Droids Verizon won't do that again, but who knows?

As far as future purchases, I think I'll just keep my D1 and D2 for the next two years. I consider myself lucky to have gotten 2 great Droids in one year.

I say that now, talk to me in 9 months and see if I still feel the same way.:)

maxnicks

Reaction score
I'll keep my Droid 1 until early next year. There should be a Droid 3 out by then. I'll see how it compares to other Android phones. If there are no major differences, I'll stick with Motorola. Even if there's minor differences I'll likely stick with Hello Moto.

MrKleen

Reaction score
If asked this before the X and Droid 2 came out I would have said I was loyal to Motorola.

To many the locking down of the phones and MotoBlur are not a big deal, but to me it is.

Sadly unless Moto makes some serious direction changes (which I don't think will happen) my next purchased phone will be a Moto competitor. I feel that for many Moto is seriously damaging the Droid. Perhaps if they transfered the Droid branding over to only HTC or Samsung or others without Motorola then maybe the Droid can be saved.

Sorry Motorola.... The X and Droid 2 are great phones if it were not for MotoBlur and locked down software.

dwagner88

Reaction score
If I'm forced to choose between Motoblur and Sense, it's gonna be sense every time. Motoblur looks amateurish in comparison. There is much more lag as well.

I'm so fed up with Pandora not playing nice on my Froyo Droid, I'm considering getting rid of it for an Incredible. There have been multiple fixes for this released by Pandora and google, and none of them have worked on my phone. It still sounds horrible in comparison to my GF's Incredible on 2.2.