Anybody else not getting Gmail pushed this morning?

Laramie

Reaction score
Woke up this morning to no emails. Very weird as I have lots of subscriptions, daily stuff, etc.

Last email was from 9pm last night. I hit refresh this morning at 7:30am and got about 15 emails.

Just got another on my Gmail that wasn't pushed to my phone.

Anybody else?

OP
Laramie

Laramie

Reaction score
Looks like a factory reset is in my future. Not sure what I'm having this issue. I did recently download a few new apps. I've had this happen once before.

**Tin foil hat on** I think apps can affect Gmail and it not getting pushed. **Tin foil hat off**

ryanm

Reaction score
My email wont even refresh. If i open it and hit refresh it says at the top I have a new email Inbox (1) but wont let me see it and when I hit retry next to no connection no go, neither when I hit refresh. I've restarted it several times...

OP
Laramie

Laramie

Reaction score
My email wont even refresh. If i open it and hit refresh it says at the top I have a new email Inbox (1) but wont let me see it and when I hit retry next to no connection no go, neither when I hit refresh. I've restarted it several times...

Backup and factory reset?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go to phone settings > applications > manage applications > menu > filter > all > gmail storage > clear data

-don't use a task killer
-in 2.01 wifi was causing this problem with some routers. In 2.1, I haven't experienced this prolem though there is a different bug where alarms are not sounded--mail arrives but no notification

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go to phone settings > applications > manage applications > menu > filter > all > gmail storage > clear data

-don't use a task killer
-in 2.01 wifi was causing this problem with some routers. In 2.1, I haven't experienced this prolem though there is a different bug where alarms are not sounded--mail arrives but no notification

+1 on clearing data in gmail storage. Ran into several "low memory" notifications a few weeks ago. Clearing the gmail storage resolved the problem.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Woke up this morning to no emails. Very weird as I have lots of subscriptions, daily stuff, etc.

Last email was from 9pm last night. I hit refresh this morning at 7:30am and got about 15 emails.

Just got another on my Gmail that wasn't pushed to my phone.

Anybody else?

Once I read this I thought I too had the same problem, but alas.... I just didn't have any ;)

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
yep, this solved my issues I had a while back... clear em

ndm37

Reaction score
I haven't had my DROID that long but up until a couple of days ago my email was coming in with no issues but now when I try to get my email it says Connection Error. All my setting are the same and nothing has changed. If I have to do a factory reset how do I back up the things on my phone?
Thanks

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
I haven't had my DROID that long but up until a couple of days ago my email was coming in with no issues but now when I try to get my email it says Connection Error. All my setting are the same and nothing has changed. If I have to do a factory reset how do I back up the things on my phone?
Thanks

So clearing gmail storage data didn't work? Note, this is different from gmail cache.

Forum has lots of info on factory reset, but hopefully u won't need it.

jefbystereo

Reaction score
My gmail got all funny yesterday and wouldnt push. Turned off the phone, then back on and all was good again.

jefbystereo

Reaction score
Btw, what exactly is "gmail storage"? what gets cleared when you clear the data? Is it just some sort of cache on the phone or anything important?