Any way tp modify the apps on the bottom of the screen?

AzJazz

Reaction score
The two apps on the bottom of the DX screen (Phone on the left, Contacts on the right) are OK, but I would like to replace the app on the right with something else (like Browser, or Messaging).

Contacts is a waste in my opinion, since you are only one extra button push away from that when you press the Phone app on the left.

Is there a way to customize the apps?

Humpa

Reaction score
The two apps on the bottom of the DX screen (Phone on the left, Contacts on the right) are OK, but I would like to replace the app on the right with something else (like Browser, or Messaging).

Contacts is a waste in my opinion, since you are only one extra button push away from that when you press the Phone app on the left.

Is there a way to customize the apps?
Use LauncherPro. There are 4 icons, and they are all configurable. Even the center Apps button is configurable. And there are about a zillion options in the Preferences menus as well.

alm0614

Reaction score
+1 for LP.. but you can still have 2 and make it look and act just like the stock froyo dock if you want, just way more options

OP
AzJazz

AzJazz

Reaction score
I've used LPB on my Droid.

Will LPB override the "Double Home Button => start Voice Command" functionality on the stock DX?

thaJack

Reaction score
Unfortunately not. The double-home still goes to whatever it is set to in the system preferences.

You have choices there, unfortunately, none of them are "do nothing".