Any way to watch laptop webcam from droid?

JoeeDB

Reaction score
I was looking around and found a program called ip cam viewer and was wondering if there was a way to watch my camera on my laptop from my phone using that or something else? Anyone have any ideas?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
If you could find the ip that your webcam is streaming too.....sounds like it would.

OP
J

JoeeDB

Reaction score
If you could find the ip that your webcam is streaming too.....sounds like it would.
Any ideas on how to find that? I don't know a WHOLE LOT about networks and all that stuff but I know a little. I'm probably totally wrong but I got into my router settings from that computer and tried setting up a DNS server for that computer but it kept telling my I entered an invalid host name. Would that work if I was able to set it up like that? Or do I need to do it a different way?

MarcoTheMagnificent

Reaction score
When you have the webcam running you should be able to run ipconfig through cmd to get the exact IP address

OP
J

JoeeDB

Reaction score
I tried all of that so far. Tried entering my ip into the URL spot, my host name, my ip + port, I'm not sure what else to do but i really want this to work lol. Anyone have anything else for me to try?

EDIT: Marco, your way is the only other way I can think of to try but when I type ipconfig into run my cmd just flashes for about half a second then goes away. I tried this on 3 computers in my house and they all did the same thing so it's not just the one I'm on.

Last edited:

bryanbahr

Reaction score
PhoneMyPC is brilliant and would work for this.
Just install it on your PC/Droid, then you can see/control what your computer does in realtime. Excellent quality, video streams at good quality.

just install the program and launch the webcam and you can watch it on your droid anywhere.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
PhoneMyPC is brilliant and would work for this.
Just install it on your PC/Droid, then you can see/control what your computer does in realtime. Excellent quality, video streams at good quality.

just install the program and launch the webcam and you can watch it on your droid anywhere.

This does work. I've done it.

sc4fpse

Reaction score
He's not talking about watching his laptop screen, guys. He'd wants to see what his laptop camera is seeing. Read the OP again.

Also, run the command prompt (cmd), and run ipconfig from it to keep the results up.

Last edited:

bennyj

Reaction score
He's not talking about watching his laptop screen, guys. He'd wants to see what his laptop camera is seeing. Read the OP again.

Also, run the command prompt (cmd), and run ipconfig from it to keep the results up.

So once you have the ip address of the computer your web cam is running on, then how or what do you use to be able to view it from your droid?

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score

i don't know why you think phonemypc wouldn't work for this. it shows a pic of what the webcam is seeing on the screen of the laptop :icon_eek: doesn't it?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

i don't know why you think phonemypc wouldn't work for this. it shows a pic of what the webcam is seeing on the screen of the laptop :icon_eek: doesn't it?
it would.... but whoever is around would be aware they're being watched because phonemypc 'wakes' the computer... and the display of the webcam would have to be on the screen!

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score

it would.... but whoever is around would be aware they're being watched because phonemypc 'wakes' the computer... and the display of the webcam would have to be on the screen!

okies i gitcha ;) sometimes i'm really dumb as a bricked droid and i admit it lol :rofl3: