Any way to lock in the slide-out keyboard?

kkwan77

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a way to lock in the slide out keyboard to keep it snug and closed? I get some jitter sometimes when I pick up the phone where it slides left to right / vice versa.

I was thinking maybe some small rubber pegs that fit in the crevice without damaging anything.

Any thoughts? :icon_ banana:

daddyd302

Reaction score
Your Droid should not be sliding out unless you open it. If it opens that easily like you said, you might want to exchange it. Mine won't open unless I use a some small force to open it.

jumper55

Reaction score
yea man ya def might need a replacement get it done before the 30 days is up :p

flyer05

Reaction score
Well, there is always ducttape. Works wonders for sliders.

Pancake

Reaction score
I haven't had this problem either. When I bought my droid, I got what seems to be a very tough leather case that fits in 2 pieces (one around the screen piece, one around the keyboard piece).

It's very plastic-like but is very hard leather. I got it at a standard Verizon store.

At first it was fairly frustrating, because it was actually fairly difficult to slide. After a few weeks, it broke in; now it slides easily, no jitters. Maybe if you got that, it would help.

But, yeah, if your phone is jittering when you take it out of your pocket, something is loose/broken. Exchange it if you can.

macarunni

Reaction score
If it wouldn't ruin it, I'd take cutters to my slide out keyboard. It's a waste of space.

LordKastle

Reaction score
Lack skill.

Best physical keyboard ever. Please Motorola either abandon the physical keyboard in future models or keep it the same...I can't stand phones that look like a toddler's toy and if you cannot adapt...well you know what they say, "survival of the fittest".

Last edited:

macarunni

Reaction score
Honestly who thought of the idea of putting a mouse pad on the right side? It's a TOUCH SCREEN! In the future, make the key pad the entire width.

droid does

Reaction score
Honestly who thought of the idea of putting a mouse pad on the right side? It's a TOUCH SCREEN! In the future, make the key pad the entire width.

or... just make it out of buttons. you already have 2 extras plus the question mark key and period could have keypad be secondary

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Buy a snap on case, such as the Verizon shell/holster combo, Body Glove, or the Seidio case. The little tabs that lock onto the phone will make the sliding mechanism stiffer. If it is REALLY loose, definitely do an exchange while (if) you still can.