Any regrets on not waiting for the next edition?

Big D

Reaction score
I totally understand that this phone is breaking some ground. And, as I've ordered the mofo and will recieve it tomorrow, I can't wait to get my hands on it.

I can't help thinking though, that the next version of the Motodroid might solve the real downfall of this iteration - the physical KB. I know that some people out there say that it's not really that bad etc. But there is virtually NO ONE saying that the KB is really good. Which means that it kinda sucks.

Anyone kicking themselves for not having the self control to wait for the next version which will undoubtedly fix this one glaring issue?

vanwas

Reaction score
Not here. Really enjoying the Droid. The physical keyboard has its place, but the virtual keyboard is probably the best I've used so far.

It's a wonderful device. Glad I've had the opportunity to enjoy it. :motdroidvert:

DroidFan

Reaction score
Nope! Loving this phone so far! I usually don't go after the 1st edition of anything but I'm not sorry one iota!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I'm saying that the KB is great. I don't care what anybody says. I base my decisions on how I feel about something not on how a majority feels.

With that said hell no I don't regret my purchase this thing is just startingv to roll.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
While there are things wrong with the camera, i dare you to tell me one that is perfect.

While most of the issues will be fixed as they are software problems,it's just the hardware seems so inconsistent between phones. Some report the back falling off (me included) some with gps failures, some with wifi failures, some with bad batteries. I just wish there was more consistent base of engineering.

But all in all i love the phone.

rkcoll1

Reaction score
Will never regret getting this phone. Absolutely love it. It does so many things and is super fast. I am sure there will be newer versions coome out in the future, but who can wait that long? Lol.

mitchell

Reaction score
Not I. I am loving everything about my Droid. I do wish they had better cases out for them but that's about it.

jjb2

Reaction score
When I got the phone at the store I put the Body Glove case on it. Today my Phantom Skinz came in the mail and I out it on. It makes the keyboard much easier to use. The bulk of the Body Glove case made it difficult to use the top rows of keys.

iiimegamaniii

Reaction score
I'd get it all over again / not give mine up. Very happy. It does everything I want to now, has legs for at least another year, and is just damn cool to have my iPhone "droid" (pun intended) friends drool over it.

'nuff said.

- Mega

metalmenance

Reaction score
Not here. Really enjoying the Droid. The physical keyboard has its place, but the virtual keyboard is probably the best I've used so far.

It's a wonderful device. Glad I've had the opportunity to enjoy it. :motdroidvert:

I agree so much, This is the first touch screen that I have been able to use without being pi*sed about typing mistakes, It is so responsive and accurate I find myself using it more than the hard keys
Very nice job moto, got a winner finally here with the Droid!!!!:motdroidvert:

Repose

Reaction score
I love the physical keyboard. For some reason, the virtual keyboard doesn't allow me to type as fast as I can with the physical keyboard.

adam8ch

Reaction score
I've been on Verizon for about 10 years now and I've always been jealous of the other networks for having better hardware, but have always been satisfied w/ the call quality and service. Also the vast majority of the people I know are on Verizon in addition to all of my family. I've been waiting long and hard for a quality smartphone and nearly jumped the gun on the first Storm like so many other people did.

I read all the reviews and did my research in addition to playing w/ the dummy unit before purchasing. This is by far the best smartphone to come out on Verizon and the physical keyboard while not even close to a BB keypad is very usable and I can type decently fast on it.

They could've dropped the dpad and just had arrow buttons. But the virtual keypad is really nice. I anticipate the 12/11 update will enable multitouch on the soft keypad as well. The physical keypad is definitely a weakness, but its still decent, and the rest of the phone is amazing.

You could wait for a next better thing that fixes the problem, but the next phone will inevitably have its own problems. The problem with tech is that its constantly getting better and if you just keep waiting you'll never be able to reap the enjoyment of the good stuff that is already out.

If the next edition is that much better, I'll just do a one year early upgrade. The droid just hits all the right buttons for me. Totally open, cream of the crop as far as android phones are concerned, and all the benefits on being on Verizon's network. So for me, no regrets. This phone is too much fun.

foolie

Reaction score
No i don't regret it
If I were to possess your mindset, by the time Droid2 is out, I will end up regretting not waiting for the Droid3 and the same applies to Droid4+. In that sense, I'd be placed into a paradox of never achieving the next edition Droid.

arcsum68

Reaction score
Last new phone I bought was the RAZR. I have not had a new phone since or signed up for a contract since. Loving this phone more and more every day, seriously, I really am happy with it. This thing is awesome. My last phone was a WinMo vx6900 and lemme tell you, when the reviews say a phone is great (ie HTC HD2), but its still WinMo and there are undefined reasons why it sucks, just trust them.

On the other hand, I really hope WebOS makes it, that is a very smooth OS as well, but I still like the blank slate approach to android.

Last edited:
OP
B

Big D

Reaction score
I hear ya.

I agree. If you always wait for the next best thing, you miss out on today's best thing.

Can't wait to get this thisng tomorrow.