another noob

njmedic1485

Reaction score
Egg Harbor Twp (outside of Atlantic City NJ)
I am analog man in the digital world. I finally made the leap to a smart phone after getting tired of carrying a phone and a PDA (although I do miss my palm sometimes). I have to admit the Droid is a pretty neat toy although I liked the voice dialer on my Razor better.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am analog man in the digital world. I finally made the leap to a smart phone after getting tired of carrying a phone and a PDA (although I do miss my palm sometimes). I have to admit the Droid is a pretty neat toy although I liked the voice dialer on my Razor better.

Welcome to the Droid Forums. So now let me tell you how to get the voice dialing working as good as a razor.

Instead of using the voice dialer command use the search button on the phone. On the screen you will see a microphone. press that and say "Call (insert name and type of phone) and it will call it for you much better then using the voice caller that comes with the phone.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with . :)

Sam Fisher

Reaction score
you can kiss your palm good bye because after you get rooted you can tweak anything and everything from the look of your home page to how fast your CPU runs... palm can only do so much, but droid does everything else... have a look around and you will find that you no longer miss your palm!

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Welcome to your newest obsession, njmedic1485! Glad you've decided to join us here on the forum! Enjoy!

:welcome:

OP
N

njmedic1485

Reaction score
Egg Harbor Twp (outside of Atlantic City NJ)
Thanks for the replies, I think I'll stick around for a bit. My old ear piece fell off on a scene and landed in a puddle of spooge that no amount of cleaning would convince me to put it back in my ear so it went in a red bag and I got a new one along with a new phone (I am a sucker for buy one get one free). With the old set up I could tap teh answer button and the voice dialer would activate through the ear piece, the new one doesn't work that way I have to operate it from the phone so it's a bit of a hassle when driving or when my hands are otherwise occupied in the ambulance.

tdg2100

Reaction score
I miss that too

With the old set up I could tap teh answer button and the voice dialer would activate through the ear piece, the new one doesn't work that way ...

I just switched to the Droid from a Moto Q and I also miss being able to tap the phone button on my Bluetooth headset to call up the voice dialer feature.