Another Google Wave.

Weezy

Reaction score
Alright, all the threads I searched for google wave were just asking for invites and seem to get off topic.

I just requested an invite for Google Wave from Google probably 5-7 days ago, and this morning I was emailed the invite by Google.

I don't know much about it, and when logging in I could not find where I can invite others. I searched everywhere. Will it take a few hours for my invites to arrive. I read somewhere that after sending an invite to someone else it can take up to a day for them to receive it. Is this the case for me?

Also, it doesn't seem to sync with my contacts. It will let me hit 'My Contacts' but that will direct me to another page that has nothing to do with Google Wave.

I don't know I guess I am just confused about this whole Wave thing. I have searched for videos that explain it but haven't found one that I really like that isn't 80 minutes long.

If anyone knows of a good video to watch, a good write up, or just wants to explain how to set up and use Google Wave, that would be greatly appreciated. Also, if I ever do receive my invites, I will be wanting to trade for a Google Voice invite.

But as of now, let's keep this thread away from invite trading and focus on Google Wave itself.

Thanks.

OP
W

Weezy

Reaction score
Okay... Ironically right after I posted this I just read something that says that Google Wave is slowly handing out invites because they are trying to figure out how many people they can support. Meaning, even if you got an invite, you aren't automatically going to have more invites to send out.

So I guess I could receive them later today, or I could receive them a week from today, or never at all.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
heres a nice 7 minute overview on google wave [video=youtube;p6pgxLaDdQw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6pgxLaDdQw&feature=related[/video]

in your contacts list it will only show other people that have google wave....

it took me about 3 weeks to get invites but now i have a crapload of them and get them all the time so just be patient on that part.

OP
W

Weezy

Reaction score
Thanks a lot. And thanks for the heads up on the invites. Video was helpful. Now I just need some friends to get Wave and once that happens I am sure it will be easier to test things out and get the feel for it.