annoying email alerts

sudermatt

Reaction score
I get multiple alerts for email. it will let me know when there's a new message, then it will "sound the alert" again, even though I don't have any new messages.

It does this for my exchange and my yahoo email.

Anyone know why?
Can it be STOPPED?

Reaction score
I get the SAME exact thing. Acording to a buddy of mine there is supposed to be a phone number we are to call bug reports in to make sure they get them.

My Droid will go over and over and over again to tell me the same old email is there. I have read it... I may have deleted it... But it will still get stuck (sometime) in an endless loop of notifications. (I have Jed Clampet saying "Whee Doggie!".... So I consgtantly hear "Whee Doggie, Whee Doggie, Whee doggie, Whee Doggie, Whee Doggie, Whee Doggie, Whee doggie, Whee Doggie, Whee Doggie, Whee Doggie, Whee doggie, Whee Doggie, Whee Doggie, Whee Doggie, Whee doggie, Whee Doggie, Whee Doggie, Whee Doggie, Whee doggie, Whee Doggie" ad nauseum.... Until I either shut off email entirely or shut of the phone... Or start another program.... Or shut off the volume.

I keep forgetting this is all Beta ****. I'd kill for an iPhone on Verizon... I miss my iPhone... But didn't realize how bad AT&T sucked until I bought the iPhone 3GS....

I love my Droid... But there are bugs EVERYWHERE!

RussOSU

Reaction score
One quick fix is to turn on delete from server when you delete from phone. This at least takes care of the same message being delivered multiple times to the droid. I am getting sick of the multiple email alerts cause the droid only keeps a finite number of messages and when you receive a new one it deletes the oldest. Then when you delete a new incoming one it downloads the oldest one not in your phone from the server. Getting 2 alerts for everyemail gets old quick.