Annoying change to tab display

George L Smyth

Reaction score
Apparently an update now has my tabs showing in the table format, as opposed to being able to scroll through them vertically. I thought that table grid layout was something I would be able to change, but when I change it within flags it may or may not work once, then returns to the annoying tabular format.

is there any way to correct this so that the tabs can be displayed vertically once again?

george

ggrant3876

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S23 Ultra
Apparently an update now has my tabs showing in the table format, as opposed to being able to scroll through them vertically. I thought that table grid layout was something I would be able to change, but when I change it within flags it may or may not work once, then returns to the annoying tabular format.

is there any way to correct this so that the tabs can be displayed vertically once again?

george
Welcome to the forum! It would help if we knew what phone and what update you're talking about.

OP
G

George L Smyth

Reaction score
I have a Pixel 5. I'm not sure what update or where to find it, but it is Android version 11.

george

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Hello and welcome ..can you show us with screen shot or elaborate..I'm not sure what we are talking about ..

OP
G

George L Smyth

Reaction score
I found the answer, you need to restart the browser twice.

Cheers -

george

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Sorry for the late response, have to lock up my phone at work now. But yes, after enabling the Chrome flag to disable the new tab grouping you have to restart the browser and then you should see the old fashioned scrolling list of open tabs.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Just for reference here is what the new Open Tabs screen looks like. It's not a scrolling list any more. Now you can drag & drop open tabs on top of each other to make groups, if you want to.

Google also provided an option through Chrome flags to disable this and return to the old style layout.
Screenshot_20210224-151032.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk