Announcing DroidXForums.com

J

JohnDroid

DroidForums.net is proud to announce the grand opening of DroidXforums.com - our newest sister site dedicated to the Motorola Droid X. Our goal with DroidForums.net is to offer a site that covers every Verizon Android phone available. Some people love this format... but there are others who want a site dedicated entirely to their device.

In the past, we've done this with great success. We have both a Droid Incredible section here, and also at IncredibleForum.com. Our goal is to offer choice to the member so they can decide what fits their needs the best.

With that in mind, we launched DroidXforums.com and it's just getting off the ground. If you think you might be interested in participating, we'd love to have you at both sites.

We look forward to continuing to provide you with the ultimate resource to learn everything there is to learn about Android and Verizon Wireless cell phones.

Be sure to check out DroidXforums.com if your interested in the Droid X.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
So dumb question..... If the idea is to have an individual forum for each and every VZW Android device, why isn't there any such thing as "MotoDroidWorld"? After all, the MotoDroid is what started it all. It seems like it's getting the short end of the stick since it doesn't have IT'S own site..... With the dev scene for the MotoDroid it seems to me that it more than warrants having its own site too. Just my opinion though.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
This IS the Moto Droid's site...

Then WHY do I have to wade thru a bunch of "Droid Incredible", "Droid X", etc. crap to find what i'm looking for?

This is right from the front page:

"Welcome to DroidForums.net - Not just a Motorola Droid Forum, but a website dedicated to the brand new series of Droid Phones from Verizon using the popular Android OS."

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So dumb question..... If the idea is to have an individual forum for each and every VZW Android device, why isn't there any such thing as "MotoDroidWorld"? After all, the MotoDroid is what started it all. It seems like it's getting the short end of the stick since it doesn't have IT'S own site..... With the dev scene for the MotoDroid it seems to me that it more than warrants having its own site too. Just my opinion though.

Not really moto droid world........but see my sig.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
This IS the Moto Droid's site...

Then WHY do I have to wade thru a bunch of "Droid Incredible", "Droid X", etc. crap to find what i'm looking for?

This is right from the front page:

"Welcome to DroidForums.net - Not just a Motorola Droid Forum, but a website dedicated to the brand new series of Droid Phones from Verizon using the popular Android OS."

I'd bet close to 90% of the members here own the Moto Droid. This is the Moto Droid forum with separate sections for other Android phones. Nobody forces anyone to come here and wade through posts about other phones. It's just a forum...

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd bet close to 90% of the members here own the Moto Droid. This is the Moto Droid forum with separate sections for other Android phones. Nobody forces anyone to come here and wade through posts about other phones. It's just a forum...

I know what you're saying, but i'm just saying that if the Droid X and the Incredible deserve their OWN forum JUST for them, so does the original Driod. Like I said though that's just my opinion.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

I know what you're saying, but i'm just saying that if the Droid X and the Incredible deserve their OWN forum JUST for them, so does the original Driod. Like I said though that's just my opinion.

This is one of 13 forums that are run by the same group....This just happens to be the most popular at the moment....

OP
J

JohnDroid

Dave,

I see what you are saying... this site is 95% Motorola Droid though... and I'm sure the other sites have discussions to phones not specific to them... discussions always tend to waiver a bit around other devices.

I see what you are saying though, we have kind of made DroidForums.net into an all "Droid" site covering every Droid phone and not just the Motorola Droid... but I think that it might be too late to do a "motorola droid" specific site since as time goes on more and more are going to be upgrading to other, newer models.

The site was 100% moto droid but if we keep it that way without embracing the future devices, it will eventually die out and I would hate to see that happen :(

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
The site was 100% moto droid but if we keep it that way without embracing the future devices, it will eventually die out and I would hate to see that happen :(

I do have to say I agree with you; but in the long run I think ANY device-specific site is going to die out. Reason being that the "lifespan" of these devices is so short. However I do agree that it would be a tragedy if THIS particular site died, after all, it's the site that started it all.

In the end it doesn't matter, no matter how you guys want to handle it; you all are doing one hell of a good job.

OP
B

b16a2smith

I just say its time for someone to get assimilated.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score

Oh don't get me wrong.... I KNOW no one is forcing me to wade through posts.... That having been said, I am a frequent user of "New Posts" - and more than once i've gotten semi-excited over a post, just to find out it was for a different device. At any rate, no one should consider my ramblings a form of complaining, rather it's just me thinking out loud........

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I do have to say I agree with you; but in the long run I think ANY device-specific site is going to die out. Reason being that the "lifespan" of these devices is so short. However I do agree that it would be a tragedy if THIS particular site died, after all, it's the site that started it all.

In the end it doesn't matter, no matter how you guys want to handle it; you all are doing one hell of a good job.

hey good question, I asked them something similar lol.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Oh don't get me wrong.... I KNOW no one is forcing me to wade through posts.... That having been said, I am a frequent user of "New Posts" - and more than once i've gotten semi-excited over a post, just to find out it was for a different device. At any rate, no one should consider my ramblings a form of complaining, rather it's just me thinking out loud........

We look hard how each one runs. Droid X is expected to grow into something special too, but DF is our home. we started here and continue behind the scenes to promote this site every day. When I found this site I used google. I never looked back. We have known or been around eachother for a while now. From BB to Droid and respect your thoughts and opinions