Animated Boot Logo???

EM74

Reaction score
Custom Animated Boot Logo???

Does anyone have thoughts/experience/suggestions on replacing the boot logo with a logo that has animations such as rippling or fade in and out or light streaking??

Ive been messing with GIMP and creating custom .bin logo files to replace the startup logos but i would really love to add an animated .gif type file.....maybe some flames or a spotlight effect or rippling water effect, etc.

Whatchoos got for me???

Sent from my badass D2G running Liberty 2.0

Last edited:

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
What about making the boot logo steady(cant think of a better word for now), then have the boot logo incorporated in to the boot animation itself and then you can make the logo animate. For example the stock boot anime starts of with stars. Change this image to your boot logo, then when the boot anime starts, it would transition perfectly like there was no boot logo.

OP
E

EM74

Reaction score
I'm thinking along the lines of cutting out the boot logo altogether and replacing with a song clip or sound file over a repeating or nonrepeating animation.

I've been trying to get these two to load up correctly on my D2G. Switching file names and zipping and replacing with whats current...cant quite get it. My files are not playing nice with roottools custom boot animation. Im doing something wrong somewhere.