Angry birds missing from my app tray, but still installed.

qurtrn10

Reaction score
For the past few weeks, the Angry Birds game has been missing from my app tray. When I go to the market and search Angry Birds, it shows it as installed. I have to click on it in the market and then click open to play. Did I hit something to remove it? I've also noticed this with my Fruit Ninja game. Who knows what else is missing.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a rooted Droid and I notice that Angry Birds disappears from my app drawer as well. Interestingly, it stays in my apps organizer games folder and prior to posting this reply I checked and now the darn thing appears in my app drawer.

Crazy!

anopy1

Reaction score
I've had the same problem and then I realized that it was somehow moving itself to my sd card. Once I move it back to the phone, it reappears.

dvsmith2008

Reaction score
I have a custom icon set up using Better Cut for this game and everytime I reboot my phone the icon goes back to the standard icon. It's the only shortcut that does that.

kevinkar

Reaction score
I've seen this from time to time with more than one app. If I notice an icon on one of the home screens looking like a generic gear icon, I check the app in the app drawer and it's missing. If I touch the icon on the home screen, the app starts. It's just missing from the app drawer and the icon is wrong.

Rebooting the phone usually clears it up. It's happened twice to me so far. I just figure it's a bug and I ignore it. I also started turning the phone off at night forcing a reboot every day so most problems fixed by a reboot have disappeared for me.