Andromium Kickstarter Project

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
2a5555ef485f6f434a7e801f0add3604_large.JPG

Andromium OS Project on Kickstarter

Former Senior Engineer, Gordon Zheng, has started a Kickstarter campaign to bring an Android OS to market. Similar to the old Motorola WebTop for the Atrix, the goal is to create an entire OS you can run from your Smartphone though a dock or even a Chromecast. It seems like the OS part is mostly complete.
It is currently being designed to work on Samsung devices and the M8, G3 and One Plus One. While your phone is in Desktop mode it can still even receive calls, texts, and push notifications.

19 days to go and the project is just over 60% funded. Looks like this one might just make it!

Source: Kickstarter

Heero121

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
note 3
does the samsung media dock already support this feature natively?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
This kinda intrigues me. I had at least one Moto phone with the dock capability, but never even tried it. It seemed so silly to me at the time.

A few years later and it seems like such a chore to grab the laptop and fire it up for simple little things that are just easier with a mouse, keyboard, and large screen.

If this can easily navigate/browse my NAS, I might actually be interested in backing it.

$29 get you the dock and the software and it's expected to ship in February if they meet their goal...Less than 40k to go!

I'll be watching this one for sure.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I backed the Matchstick which should arrive next month. Can't wait to compare it to the Chromecast.

The only choice for me is the International package @ $35. plus $10. for shipping. Doesn't ship till June.

tixooo

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Oneplus One
Which package you need to chip in for for it to support the oneplus one, if you get the new os that oneplus one are developing will it support that as well? And will you be able to use rhe oneplus one and the g3 with the same pack for people with multiple phones?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I kicked in a few for the dock for the nexus 5. First thing I have ever backed on kickstarter.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm mulling it over. They're still pretty far behind their goal & could only afford to pitch in enough to get a dock, so I'm waiting to see if they get close enough that I'll actually get one, even though I know I won't be charge of they don't.

Still not sure I'd use it very often, but the price is nice at this point if they meet their goal.
I backed budwraps or something. A rubber bracelet that hold your ear buds. Pretty cool.

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm mulling it over. They're still pretty far behind their goal & could only afford to pitch in enough to get a dock, so I'm waiting to see if they get close enough that I'll actually get one, even though I know I won't be charge of they don't.

Still not sure I'd use it very often, but the price is nice at this point if they meet their goal.
I backed budwraps or something. A rubber bracelet that hold your ear buds. Pretty cool.

That was all I contributed, enough to get a dock.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I just spent $30 on some ear buds, and my tags & insurance are due on my car this month, so I'm trying to be good as far as purchases that I don't really need, but my birthday IS coming up...

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Alright. What's it gonna hurt? If they don't make the goal, I'm not out any money. If they do, I got a discount on what I think will be a fun toy.

I backed it yesterday. Hoping they reach their goal so I can actually get one.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
$57,000 now? I've never seen a kickstarter campaign LOSE money. It was at $61,000 when I posted. wtf?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
It was up to 62k yesterday when I backed them.

This isn't looking very good and I don't see why not. It's far cheaper than that Moto lapdock thing was and you can use it with any hdmi monitor, keyboard, and mouse you want.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I don't see it happening bud.... that's a lot of to come up with in 2 weeks.
We'll see...

S5 tap'n