ANDROID's biggest problem!!! GOOGLE IGNORES!!!

randmcnally

Reaction score
Hi,

Hope the title got your attention. Has anyone else been having this problem???:

Issue 5134 - android - Musicplayer starts automatically with headphones plugged in overriding every other playing app - Project Hosting on Google Code

Google seems to be ignoring the problem, I've heard 2.2 does not fix this issue. I have a Motorola Milestone (Droid), and the thing is not working correctly when playing media files. As described in the post above it will play audio randomly, or when you connect or disconnect headphones. If you have a third party player (mixzing, btunes etc) and you plug in/or unplug the headphones the default music player will start playing. Music will also randomly start playing. Tons of people are having this problem.

If you have the same problem please comment AND STAR the issue in the thread link provided and also voice your concern to your handset manufacturer and your service provider, this problem HAS TO BE FIXED!!!

Thanks!
-rand

driftsucky

Reaction score
Never had that problem. Never heard of that problem. But....good luck with all that.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
First time I've heard of it being a problem....

smokiedabong

Reaction score
I plug and unplug the audio jack more than 10 times a day with various players on or off , did this for the last 6 months , I'm using mixzing , mort player , pandora , Droid Live , Slacker , default music player , lastfm . I have never had this problem .

Darkseider

Reaction score
Happens to me once in a blue moon. Annoying sorta but not deal breaking by anyones' imagination. Not to mention if that is the BIGGEST problem than I certainly think Android is way better off than anything else out there.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Android's Biggest Problem??? Really?? I'm willing to be there are bigger problems out there.

I've had my droid since November and I've been reading this forum, and several other Droid Forums, since then and I recall seeing this mentioned as a problem by only a handful of people. I'm not saying it isn't a problem, or that it shouldn't get some attention, but "the Biggest Problem". Really? Really?

Sorry for having fun with your title - it's early ad I'm bored.:)

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Happens to me when using blue tooth headphones, only ones Ive used, but anyways, I posted about this last week, I'll be listening to music on 3 music player and the stock one kicks in and plays music.. also, I know Im doing something wrong cause when I hit shuffle, Ill hear the same songs over and over before I hear a new song..bah.. at least its humpday..

Juggernaut

Reaction score
I've only had this happen to me once. The Droid was connected to the car dock and plugged into my truck stereo. Hasn't happened since.

area52

Reaction score
This is the beauty of open source. if there is something not working right or to your standards, instead of demanding someone else fix it, learn to do it yourself! all the necessary indo is readily available.

Alfador

Reaction score
Haven't heard of this before now, but I suppose that doesn't mean it isn't a significant problem for other people. I mean, I've never had the brakes fail on my Toyota either...

This is the beauty of open source. if there is something not working right or to your standards, instead of demanding someone else fix it, learn to do it yourself! all the necessary indo is readily available.

Yes, and no. I agree with you that it's a good thing you can do that, but at the same time, being able to fix it yourself shouldn't be an acceptable excuse for the problem's existence, especially when the fix requires rooting.

area52

Reaction score
Sorry, didn't intend on making it sound like an excuse. I agree if something is released it should work and if your going to develop something you should support it to the extent that you fix issues that will inevitably arise. but at the same time as a consumer you should know what it is that you are buying. Android was created so folks who are so inclined can have a platform to create or tinker with. rooting is part of that process. if that is not your inclination there are plenty of products on the market that don't offer that ability or need. I came from blackberry (which arguably works out of the box)because I wanted a platform that allowed me to go into the code and adjust or create my own, even if I'm not yet proficient enough to create.
the root process is simple and if the above problem is a big enough issue, a simple half hour investment of time and reading will allow you to fix it.

OP
R

randmcnally

Reaction score
well the post title certainly did work, LOL.

okay so maybe it is not a rampant problem.

HOLY ****!!!!

I just figured it out. I am using iPhone earbuds, they are causing the problem!!!!

WOW...

I just tried plugging in/unplugging with some generic sony earbuds, no problem. tried with the iPhone ear buds, happened everytime.

does this make sense? (before I post the solution on Google's behalf on that thread.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
well the post title certainly did work, LOL.

okay so maybe it is not a rampant problem.

HOLY ****!!!!

I just figured it out. I am using iPhone earbuds, they are causing the problem!!!!

WOW...

I just tried plugging in/unplugging with some generic sony earbuds, no problem. tried with the iPhone ear buds, happened everytime.

does this make sense? (before I post the solution on Google's behalf on that thread.

Sounds like you've stumbled onto the solution to Googles/Androids Biggest Problem!!! :)

This entire thread is an example of what my Granddad referred to as Breakfast Lunch Troubleshooting. He often said, "just because lunch comes every day after breakfast does not mean that Breakfast causes lunch".

Guchi

Reaction score
Not on my Droid or my Incredible... ever, that would be unacceptable.