Android Wear 5.1.1 likes/dislikes/issues

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
18-ntcpjtp1.jpg

Those of you who have received the update to 5.1.1 to your android wear device post your likes,dislikes, and issues along with your make and model.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
1. Pair their phones with more than one of their wearables.
2. WIFI available with the LG Watch Urbane, Moto 360, Sony Smartwatch 3 and the Samsung Gear Live.
3. Apps can now stay visible until you dismiss them.

What's not to like?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
There's that multiple options screen for mute again.

Urbane peeps, do you have that same screen (pictured on the R above)?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Drawing emoji comes in handy sometimes and is fun. If there's a way to get them to work by speaking commands, I never figured out how to do it, but drawing one it quick and simple.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
1. Pair their phones with more than one of their wearables.
2. WIFI available with the LG Watch Urbane, Moto 360, Sony Smartwatch 3 and the Samsung Gear Live.
3. Apps can now stay visible until you dismiss them.

What's not to like?
My point was those with the device if you are seeing issues or bugs or if a feature is not panning out like it was described.

Example:

I have the Asus zenwatch and like the new interface but dislike that it will not have WiFi capabilities.

That was an example, I will have my feelings later after using it a week.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I found gesture controls to not be useful enough that I want to keep them on all day. I'm also not a fan of tilt to wake, which would make the gesture controls a bit more handy in situations where I actually needed them.

I did some testing with the wifi, the results of which can be found within the posts in the following thread.
LG Urbane talk Android Forum at DroidForums.net

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Lock screen seems buggy on the zenwatch. Went to unlock it and would not recognize my touch input. May be because the backside was not getting great skin contact as I like to wear my watch a little loose.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Lock screen seems buggy on the zenwatch. Went to unlock it and would not recognize my touch input. May be because the backside was not getting great skin contact as I like to wear my watch a little loose.
I haven't even bother to try the lockscreen yet. Haha!

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I haven't even bother to try the lockscreen yet. Haha!
Worked fine when I first turned the feature on. But 35 mins ago my alarm went off and I was trying to unlock my watch and it would not unlock.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
*Stabs pc747 :D

There's no black list to put things into if it gets stolen, unlike phones.

Huh?!? Hey, sometimes things get stolen. We can't put trackers and blacklists on everything.

I don't even understand what locking it does, I guess. What IS the point? Does it still show notices?

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
*Stabs pc747 :D

Huh?!? Hey, sometimes things get stolen. We can't put trackers and blacklists on everything.

I don't even understand what locking it does, I guess. What IS the point? Does it still show notices?
You can still see notifications (cliff notes version) . The idea of the lock screen is it only come on when you take the phone off your wrist (ie to charge it). Nice idea but also can see where it may be useless to some. I rather it be a feature where I can have it to use if I so need it. But right now I don't.

With that said, im betting because I wear my watch loose was the issue. Because it was not touching, it thought it was off my wrist.