Android update interrupts my business

FischerMike

Reaction score
I recommend you say NO to the latest revision of Android. I did not record the name as it passed my screen, I think it is “Lollipop 5.1”. I lost my voice mall application and the calendar app that I use the most. The 2 most common uses of my cell phone were taken away in one swoop. No warnings, no info, just deleted.

I have a business prospect who is likely to call and get this message: "The person you are trying to call has a voicemail box that has not yet been set up". My new customer will think I am a dorkus or the victim of bad technology.

Looks like the Android people have been studying software development with Microsoft employees.

What is more, I have no idea how to find support for this software. Is someone going to read this post and give me a shout?

Right now my phone is stuck in an infinite loop trying to set up visual voice mail. It has been about 15 hours now stuck on the same message: "Setting up Visual Voice Mail. Please Wait..."

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Welcome to DroidForums, FischerMike! Unfortunately, sometimes updates have undesirable effects. Fortunately, usually there is a way to fix them. Let's see if we can get you back up and running. First things we need to know are; who is your carrier, what kind of phone do you have and are you using the visual voice-mail that came with the phone or did you download a VM app from the Play Store?

The first thing you can try immediately is go into the phone's settings then to applications (or application manager, depending on your phone). Swipe/slide the screen to the left until you come to the "all" applications tab. Scroll through the list of apps until you find your Voicemail app. Tap that app, then tap clear cache.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
...What is more, I have no idea how to find support for this software. Is someone going to read this post and give me a shout?

Right now my phone is stuck in an infinite loop trying to set up visual voice mail. It has been about 15 hours now stuck on the same message: "Setting up Visual Voice Mail. Please Wait..."

I agree with @TisMyDroid 100%. I assume you have a Verizon phone since you were trying to set up Visual Voicemail. I had the exact same thing happen with a friends Droid Turbo, while trying to setup VVM after the Lollipop update. And the exact same thing happened to my wife's Droid Turbo 2 when trying to setup VVM. In both cases I waited about 10 minutes and went into the App Settings TisMyDroid mentioned and selected Clear Data for VVM, rebooted the phone and was able to set it up correctly the second time. It seems like Verizon forgot to put a timeout setting on their VVM app; and if it can't connect to their servers it never times out and stops, it runs forever.

The members of this forum are always happy to help answer almost any question you have about your phone and the Lollipop OS. :)