android reporting app size incorrectly

zero7404

Reaction score
ive got angrybirds installed ... i know it is a 16mb app, but under manage applications i only see it as being 2mb ....

anyone know why?

posted via android

Dan Fury

Reaction score
Sounds like the game was moved to SD card, you can see where it is installed in the details, if it says move to SD it's on the phone memory, otherwise it's already there.

OP
zero7404

zero7404

Reaction score
u were right ... i didnt move it to the sdcard, at least i didnt knowingly move it ... maybe by accident i pressed the button.

its now showing some 18mb.

thanks for pointing that out

posted via android

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Alot of newer games automatically install to the sdcard, if the dev chooses that option. Very handy for us Droid 1 owners with our paltry 256MB of app memory.

OP
zero7404

zero7404

Reaction score
Alot of newer games automatically install to the sdcard, if the dev chooses that option. Very handy for us Droid 1 owners with our paltry 256MB of app memory.

i can sympathize .... for me since the d2g has enough internal ram for the os, i prefer to keep my apps there and not fragmented between the sd card and the internal memory.

so what does the os do if an sd card that's got apps installed on it is removed from the phone ?

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
It stops displaying those apps in the drawer.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk