Android Oreo Leaked For The Snapdragon Note 8!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy-note-8-pre-order-1-jpg.78128

The Galaxy Note 8 still ships with Android Nougat, however Samsung has just recently announced their Beta program for Android Oreo for the Galaxy S8 and S8+. The Note 8 would naturally be the next in line to receive this treatment. Normally to access beta builds on Samsung devices you need to first register for the beta program. You can now install Android Oreo Beta on your Snapdragon Galaxy Note 8 without registering for the Beta program as the build has been leaked!

You will need to be updated to Samsung's Nougat build 2BQK2 before installing the Beta build. This update has only been officially rolled out to the Verizon version of the device. That being said you can manually install this firmware with ODIN if necessary. This unreleased build of Oreo for the Note 8 is likely not very stable so just be aware that there will probably be some bugs. Grab what you need to get Oreo installed from the link below.

via Reddit

Attachments

• Galaxy-Note-8-pre-order-1.jpg
    Galaxy-Note-8-pre-order-1.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 2,083

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I'll wait for official release. Don't feel like messing with Odin

Briankbl

Reaction score
What's with the clickbait title? Why leave "beta" out of the subject line? For clicks.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
What's with the clickbait title? Why leave "beta" out of the subject line? For clicks.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Word leaked says it all. only so much will fit in a subject line. It also don't say anything about it being for a Verizon phone nor does it say anything about needing certain updates. All that is in the article too.

Last edited:

ayanav

Banned
Reaction score
The new features in the Galaxy S8 update are pretty poor, but the list of bug fixes is impressive.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
samsung galaxy s9 galaxy s8

Last edited: