Android Market won't let me buy anything...

christinaelise

Reaction score
When I attempt to purchase an app, the Market takes me to the original setup screen to setup your Gmail account. After I enter the information, it just goes back to the Market homepage! Any thoughts on why this is occuring? There are a few apps I would really like to buy!

Stigy

Reaction score
1. Are you located in the USA?

2. Is your account setup correctly (ie. are you receiving your GMail)?

That should narrow down some problems.

Thanks.

OP
C

christinaelise

Reaction score
1. Are you located in the USA?

2. Is your account setup correctly (ie. are you receiving your GMail)?

That should narrow down some problems.

Thanks.

Yeah, I am in the U.S. and I have been recieving Gmail services without fail!

:(

ZeRo_C0oL

Reaction score
Does it initially take you to a screen where it's asking for payment information? Are you getting that far?

grizzlylabs

Reaction score
When I attempt to purchase an app, the Market takes me to the original setup screen to setup your Gmail account. After I enter the information, it just goes back to the Market homepage! Any thoughts on why this is occuring? There are a few apps I would really like to buy!
Are you using a "google for my domain" account or a regular @gmail.com account?

I have my own domain set up with google and it works well with the droid; except for The Market....
I've got money burning in my pocket with no place to go!

Stigy

Reaction score
Is there a difference using Market in the US and in other continents/states?

Not sure if there is, just wondering though as it could help in doing some investigation.

BUT grizzly seems to be on to something. If the OP is using Google Apps on his domain as his main GMail account then the Market may not function correctly it seems.

OP are you using this or regular GMail?

OP
C

christinaelise

Reaction score
Hmm, that's a good thought. I am in fact using Google Apps for education. I guess I will set up another account! Can you have more than one Gmail account on the Droid without having to use the other email app? I just want my school mail to be my main account, and I don't want to have to use my other Gmail as my default :(

Boris Badenov

Reaction score

May be your card has been maxed out?.. :icon_ devil:

cccpr

Reaction score
I have my own domain set up with google and it works well with the droid; except for The Market....
I've got money burning in my pocket with no place to go!

I'm having this exact issue.

Android Market runs through Google Checkout, right? It seems incredibly stupid that everything else works/syncs perfectly using a GAD account and Google Checkout won't.

I also can't understand why the Market doesn't have a non-mobile front end available, like iTunes for the iPhone. Just seems like a no-brainer. If I'm sitting next to a computer anyway, the last thing I want to do is grab my phone just to download an app.

Pithecanthropus

Reaction score
I've been having this issue too. Elsewhere, I've read that Google suggests entering the number of the card without spaces or dashes but I haven't had a chance to try it out yet. I used PayPal when purchasing the only non-free app I've downloaded so far.