Android Market & Gmail

Cdjones187

Reaction score
Is there any way to change what gmail account your paid applications are on? I recently got a new google voice number on a gmail account that I want to keep using but my applications that i bought are linked to my other gmail accound. I know i could just add the other account to sync on my phone but I only want 1 Gmail account on my phone. Pretty much i just want the applications I PAID for so show up on my new gmail account. I reall dont know if that is actually how android market knows if i purchased apps or not (just assuimg) maybe it uses the mac address but wouldnt that change after fresh 2.0.1 flashing? Im missing about $40 in applications :( Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

nerdbox08

Reaction score
I'm fairly certain you cannot change the email address, if I remember correctly, you are right. The apps are determined by email.

My best advice is to email Google support and see if they can't change it for you.

OP
Cdjones187

Cdjones187

Reaction score
I'm fairly certain you cannot change the email address, if I remember correctly, you are right. The apps are determined by email.

My best advice is to email Google support and see if they can't change it for you.

Hmmm, any idea where I can find the address to contact google support for android?? lol..

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I have not heard of anyone being able to accomplish this....

CarrieRuck

Reaction score
Lost Gmail account - can't get into Market place

My husband bought my phone and activated it at a Verizon store. The verizon rep setup my gmail account. I've never used it for email. I've only used it for the Market and my contacts. I had to get a replacement phone and now I don't have the gmail account information to get into it. I think I know the email account, but don't have a password and the recovery question apparently isn't correct either. Google help is worthless. They just send you in circles. I'm waiting 24 hours because I have entered the wrong password too many times and my account is locked. But I can't answer my security question and the other option is answering a bunch of questions about how you use your account, none of which offer the option of google market on the droid. This is ridiculously bad support. Any advise?

[email protected]

Reaction score
I have a gmail widget on my home page and one that seems to be stuck on the screen. When I keep it vertical it is on the far right, when I turn it horizontal it is in the center. I can't move it or delete the extra widget. It doesn't seem even usable. Anyone else have stuck widgets on their screens? I go into an app and it goes away, only appears on the home screens. It's annoying!!! HELP!!