Android Market Errors

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
So I just got an AMEX giftcard, and wanted to use it to buy some apps. I tried to buy ROM Manager (Premium) and after I fill in all the CC info, I get an error saying there's a Server Error. Not sure if it's just RM or if its Google and the Market itself.

Has anyone else had these problems? Is it better to just use the PayPal method in the free RM to get premium?

Running BBv.4 Not sure the market footprint

lakai113

Reaction score
i just joined this site to ask about this.. i am on other forums and no one has gave me an answer.. im trying to buy the SNES emulator and when i get tot he google checkout it comes up with that error.. why wouldnt they want to take my money??? i dont get it

Mateenager

Reaction score
You can put your credit card on your account from your computer, and then it should work in the Market and save you the headache.

However, the market has not been letting me download any apps at all today, and apparently its an ongoing huge problem.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Too many people buying new phone...although I haven't had a problem with the market today.

This doesn't seem to be the problem people are having but if it gets stuck on "Authorizing..." then the fix is to log in to your Google Talk account on the phone. Strange, but it works.

slvrshdo

Reaction score
Fixed

just sign into your google account on your PC
then edit your settings for google checkout
worked for me

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Another thing to note about AMEX gift cards is that you can not use them to purchase something that is not in US $. Example, you can not buy Beautiful Widgets with a AMEX, but you can with a Visa.
So I just got an AMEX giftcard, and wanted to use it to buy some apps. I tried to buy ROM Manager (Premium) and after I fill in all the CC info, I get an error saying there's a Server Error. Not sure if it's just RM or if its Google and the Market itself.

Has anyone else had these problems? Is it better to just use the PayPal method in the free RM to get premium?

Running BBv.4 Not sure the market footprint

GingerSpice

Reaction score
ok, whew, glad it's not JUST ME. I joined this forum today trying to find an answer to this very same question! I get the same error, and it isn't just an issue occurring today. I have been trying to download "paid" apps for over a week now and get the same message. It just won't let me buy. And i went online and entered the credit card info on the Google Checkout page (on my PC, at home) and it still doesn't work. Anyone out there who can help?

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com
yeah with gift cards you cant purchase items from out of the US. and also when you dont like the app and want to return it it takes the app back but doesnt re load the money in learned that the hard way :(