Android headphones with in-line controls?

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
There are only two things that I miss from my old iPhone, and one of them is the in-line headphone controls. Is there anything that has the same functionality as the iphone headset controls that works with android, and more specifically my bionic? I tried using the Headset Button Controller app but out of the three buttons on the headset I got, my bionic only recognizes one of them. (more accurately, my bionic recognizes all three buttons as the same button)
This is the headset I have: Amazon.com: HTC 36H00880-04M 3.5mm Stereo Handsfree Headset with Remote for HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Inspire 4G, HTC EVO 4G, HTC EVO Shift 4G, HTC Droid Incredible and Many Other HTC Phones: Cell Phones & Accessories

Are there any three-button wired headsets known to have all three buttons recognizable by the bionic?

barronlroth

Reaction score
There are only two things that I miss from my old iPhone, and one of them is the in-line headphone controls. Is there anything that has the same functionality as the iphone headset controls that works with android, and more specifically my bionic? I tried using the Headset Button Controller app but out of the three buttons on the headset I got, my bionic only recognizes one of them. (more accurately, my bionic recognizes all three buttons as the same button)
This is the headset I have: Amazon.com: HTC 36H00880-04M 3.5mm Stereo Handsfree Headset with Remote for HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Inspire 4G, HTC EVO 4G, HTC EVO Shift 4G, HTC Droid Incredible and Many Other HTC Phones: Cell Phones & Accessories

Are there any three-button wired headsets known to have all three buttons recognizable by the bionic?

Unfortunately, Motorola removed support of in-line controls by making them activate some type of BLUR voice control application. If you remove/freeze it through Titanium Backup, the remote simply does nothing. Quite unfortunate, haven't found a solution yet.

1800collect

Reaction score
Does anyone know any solution? I installed this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.chobirich.tools.mediabutton&hl=en

I seem to have pause and play functionality, but can't get any other functionality like next track.

Edit: I actually got it working with that app. I had to change the setting to "slow" for tap speed. I also had to tap on the actual screen for it to get the buttons to start working on the "How to use".

There's a new problem. You can't change controls while the screen is off. It seems to be a bug as it is on the Droid Razr with ICS as well. You have to turn the screen on to trigger headset buttons again. ARGH! Motorola!

Last edited: