Android has 20% of all smartphone traffic

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
Quoted from the article:

----------

The Motorola Droid, running only on Verizon, has captured 24% of all Android traffic, even thought it has been out only a few weeks.

The iPhone has been on the market for 28 months. That 55% share of traffic is a pretty robust number for such a relatively new product. The Android numbers, especially those of the Droid are also good news for Google, Motorola and Verizon.

-------------------

Wow! That's pretty amazing for a product that's only been out for a few weeks!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
this is huge....I don't say that lightly.

thanks for posting article hack

brendanstl

Reaction score
Things are looking good for verizon and google here. Wonder what those numbers will be like after Christmas and Verizon gets their 4G up and running in the big cities here in a few months.

Riley42

Reaction score
I definitely think VZW was the best thing to ever happen to Android, and I hope people continue to buy the VZW phones in large numbers cuz it'll force devs to start working on apps for us.

keiichi25

Reaction score
I place that due to Viral Marketing that Verizon and Google did for the Motorola Droid Launch. Had it not been for that one "iDon't" ad they pushed out, not many people would have seriously looked at it.

The HTC and T-Mobile's Googlephone ads did not inspire people nearly as much as the Motorola/Verizon Droid ad did.

Given that 24% of the Droid's 20% there, that is about almost 5% of the total traffic is due to the Motorola ad. The others maybe the Google and existing HTC Android phones. But 5% in 3 weeks, if it steadily goes up, there is a chance that you might see Droid and iPhone about break even by end of year with further HTC and Droid sales. HTC's Droid based phones being priced less and with the possible 2.0 OS update will get going by leaps and bounds with the newer phones.