Solved Android 7 notification

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
Got the notification, just now, but am reluctant to install right now. My last phone was ruined with the update it for it.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Tough decision, I suppose. Based on your experience. I can say this...Nougat is running fine on my Z Force Droid, no major issues. But I did install the 7.0 Nougat update right out of the box, no apps installed, no Google account on the phone, not even a SIM card inserted. As soon as it finished I did a FDR just for good measure and then inserted the SIM card, activated the phone and setup my apps, Settings, etc.

Do you have the Z Play Droid model, or the unlocked Z Play? Curious if the Z Play Droid is getting Nougat, would mean my wife's phone had an update waiting.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
I've got the Droid Z Play. Thanks for your info and experience

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
Tell me how it goes with your wife's phone.I have the Droid Z Play. Thanks for your info.
I'm using my SD card as internal storage. I guess I would un-mount it. Do a FDR then restart, remount the SDcard and restart with cache partition clear?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think once you do a FDR the data on the SD card cannot be accessed by the phone if it was setup as Adoptive Internal storage.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Got the notification, just now, but am reluctant to install right now. My last phone was ruined with the update it for it.
I think I saw a post elsewhere, but did the update go smoothly for you? Any major issues, or is all good? I haven't updated my wife's phone yet, she was busy using her JBL Sound boost last night.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
IMO, Nougat isn't as big of a jump in upgrade from Marshmallow as some previous updates we've gotten. Nougat is pretty dang solid. Just my two cents. Obviously, there can be any number of issues with any update, but I haven't seen any major complaints that aren't easily remedied from folks who've updated.

I was on the Nougat beta on my 6P and have been happy with it since switching to the Pixel XL. My Nvidia Shield K1 tablet also just recently got Nougat and I've been pleased with that. Had some lag right after the update, but the latest patch they released seems to have cleared that up. I'm willing to bet that my issues were on the Nvidia side of the update though. They haven't skinned it, but they've shoe-horned a lot of their own features and tweaks into the OS.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I've got update last night on gsm version of z play. Everything is fine and dandy without any issues yet.
Main advantage of nougat is that it fixed the quiet notifications that plagued all of moto z phones since August.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Just updated my wife's Moto Z Play to Android 7.0 Nougat and all seems good so far, no major issues. I know it takes time for battery life to recalibrate and settle in so I'm not concerned about battery life at the moment. Seems like things are running smooth.

wconnolly2

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
757 777 7188
I have just received my update and it seems to be doing OK I am new to the Droid market so will have to wait and see how it is

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk