Android 6.0 Marshmallow Has a Snazzy 'Secret' Feature

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
user-tweak-ui.png

There's a pretty slick little "hidden" feature that is now included in Google's latest Android 6.0/Marshmallow OS. It's called System UI Tuner, and it basically lets users tweak parts of the UI in ways that wasn't possible before without rooting and adding mods.

With this System UI Tuner, users can now enable demo mode, re-arrange the tiles in the Quick Settings pane, and show a battery percentage within the battery icon on the status bar. It's not a huge difference, but it's still great to see Android evolving even further.

This is just one of the many new features that Google included in Marshmallow. Sound off in this thread and let us know which new features and functions you are most excited about.

jhom

Reaction score
Yep, nice to have some additional ui controls available to the user. Maybe by Android 10.0, the user will have ui options for unlocked bootloaders and root capabilities right out of the box.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep, nice to have some additional ui controls available to the user. Maybe by Android 10.0, the user will have ui options for unlocked bootloaders and root capabilities right out of the box.
If you are going to dream, you should at least dream big!!! :D

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
Apparently the earlier dev previews of this had a dark UI option as well, but Google removed it. :( Maybe someday they will natively support a dark UI.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its nice on the N6, but to be honest, this isn't a huge update from Lollipop... Some under the hood stuff and a few tweaks, but it doesn't really change the look and feel of the phone all that much...

Battery life is good.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
It lets you remove all icons in the status bar. What about the time?
In the status bar.

Tap'n Turbo

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't know. I don't have OCD, so I tend to not worry about such minimal things...

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Simple question. Not exactly keeping me up at night. And it's apparently something someone asked for because Nova does it. *rooted only.

Tap'n Turbo