Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
android_lollipop.jpg

UPDATE: You can now fix this by selecting a channel 11 and lower for on your wifi settings.

A Wi-Fi bug is affecting those using devices running Google's latest OS Android 5.0. Reports have been coming into the developer preview website. The first report was of a Nexus 5 that had trouble hooking up to a Wi-Fi signal. Since then, developers with the Nexus 5, Nexus 7, and the Nexus 9 have written in about failed Wi-Fi connections.

Lollipop is currently being pushed out to the Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Nexus 7 (2013), Nexus 7 (2012) and Nexus 10. Let us know by replyting to this thread If the Wi-Fi bug is affecting your Android 5.0 powered phone or tablet.

Source: GoogleCode

Last edited by a moderator:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Something to be said for not getting it first.

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
OP updated

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
WOW, that's great news. So it's just an addressing issue on which channel it communicates through. This will be an easy fix with the next update as well but this workaround is a great solution. Thanks!! ;)

Slowpok22

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC one M8
Installed last night, and connected to 5G with out any issues, didn't try the 2.4 or look at what channels I was running. I did notice this morning after reading forums and emails and news for a couple of hours it sucked the life out of it, it told me that I only had 2 hours left:( will try the same thing tomorrow on LTE and see how the battery works

Slowpok22

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC one M8
Using LTE instead of wifi this morning for 30 minutes less but spending 40 minutes playing a game, I have much better battery life, still says 12 hours left.
To me it looks like wifi is chewing up the battery, but it's only been 2 days.