Android 3.0-Overview And Feature

M

Mattjames

Android 3.0 Gingerbread is the next iteration in this open source mobile operating system. It brings along lots of new features that people will find useful and truly advances the OS to the next level, but it will only be available on the higher end, powerful devices that have the hardware necessary to run it (Android 2.1 and 2.2 will serve as the OS of choice for lower end and ultraportable devices that do not have a lot of hardware and battery power).

It will be launching soon as from various source around the tech buzz and people are waiting for 3.0 Android!

Find all information about it:

:greendroid: Android 3.0-Overview And Feature :greendroid:

Published under Admin Guidelines.

Jmart922

Reaction score
Good and interesting news, we're already in October so when this releases, I'm assuming its safe to expect our trusty ol Droids to be running this with the help from android community

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
That post was devoid of any real information. Will run better, faster etc...

Also there is no way anything will be announced this month.

When there is an official announcement then I will be interested.

faithmusic

Reaction score
I just read that the 3.0 update might work with the Droid. Will the update appear on our Droid phones if it is not really a smart choice? (Because it might run slow)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
From the so called website:

The hardware requirements for the new Gingerbread are pretty high, compared to the older Android versions. The new OS needs 512 MB RAM, a 1 GHz CPU and a 3.5 inch display to run at optimal speeds and accommodate the higher resolution and improved multi touch capabilities.

This has been discussed many times and we know for a fact that even through the D1 does not have a 1ghz processor there will be a form of Gingerbread for the original Droid.

As I have said before anything that comes from this web site should be taken with a grain of salt. Usually it's old information, such as the case here and is not fact based, but rather appears to be copied and pasted from other web sites. That's all I can probably say without really crossing the line. You make your own judgements.

OP
O

ollymil

Some good information in article something looks only speculation only! God knows but SDK is going to release in next few days so we would have much clear information rather then speculation.

Sniper_5

Reaction score
I could see gingerbread on the D1 for those of us Overclocked users at 1ghz or higher. It would be nice to have this before my upgrade comes around to hold me over. Thanks for the info update. I think there was a similar thread posted previously though. I could be wrong.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk