Android 2.2 battery life problems?

Joshmichael91

Reaction score
I installed froyo on my MOTO droid. with red rum theme. I use overclock widget and overclock my droid to about 500 at most. sometimes 700 if i need too.

but I notice my phone battery dies VEEERY quickly. what's the biggest probable cause for this?? i dont think froyo its self is causing it, nor the theme ?? im assuming it's the overclocking?? am i right? is there something i can do to save battery life?

i looked for extended life batteries but they make the droid so big it'd be highly annoying to carry around. can somebody help me?

edit: also with the new froyo i added the 'new radio fix'

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
My experience as well.....

2.2 is not a very good daily driver unless you can stay plugged in.

Thats why I don't use it anymore.

I'll wait for some better builds.

nerdbox08

Reaction score

I've had just about the same battery life. I'm running black ice with a 1k kernel and have no problems.

Try a different setup?

OP
J

Joshmichael91

Reaction score

I've had just about the same battery life. I'm running black ice with a 1k kernel and have no problems.

Try a different setup?

speaking of kernel. could THAT be causing it? I saw a site with all these different kernels and just downloaded the top file. could i change my kernel to one that'd work perfectly for my droid, while being more energy efficient?

Breezer23

Reaction score
Battery life for me is pretty terrible as well. The current kernals out there heat my droid up extremely quick, too. BUT gotta keep up with the most current stuff so I'll have to deal with it for now.... debating whether to try BB..... so tired of flashing new roms but so addicted!

nerdbox08

Reaction score

Try a different setup?

speaking of kernel. could THAT be causing it? I saw a site with all these different kernels and just downloaded the top file. could i change my kernel to one that'd work perfectly for my droid, while being more energy efficient?

Yes kernels effect how it runs. If it's not made for the version and you got it to boot up somehow, you are lucky.

I am using p3 1ghz kernel, I said chaos rom earlier, but it's just the theme actually.

VitsDroid

Reaction score
my battery seems bout the same as 2.1. I am using bugless 2.2 no other kernals 800hz no themes.

Rymanh24

Reaction score
My battery life seems better with Bugless Beast for Froyo.

With the first leaked Froyo, I would unplug my phone at 7 A.M. and it would be at 20% by 11P.M.

Now it will only get down to 60% by 11P.M.; a dramatic increase in battery life.

Ludacrosse05

Reaction score
Just unplugged my fully charged Motorola Droid running Froyo FRF57 38829 test-keys (themeless) and my battery life says 9 hours 25 minutes left. Clearly my battery has taken a hit which is too bad.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
No battery life issues here. Running the second leak with the 1GHz kernel. No theme.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
Using Bugless Beast V0.1 and P3Droid's 1Ghz kernel - battery life is the same as Android 2.1 - if not better. I notice it doesn't hit 80% as fast as it used to, even under heavy use. Still, can't wait for a full Android 2.2 rom.

Before I got P3's 1Ghz kernel - the phone was hot and drained quick.

PSUDroid

Reaction score
Anyone seeing the dreaded cell standby bug? I've been seeing that eat my battery up