Android 2.1 and Email

PearlMikeJam

Reaction score
Has anyone seen what changes will be made to the email app in 2.1? I have not been able to find anything on this. I am not sure if it because nothing is changing from 2.0.1 to 2.1 or if the email changes are insignificant to everyone.

I would like to see the ability to use a signature and to send as an alias. K-9 has these features, but the inability to bulk select currently is a deal breaker for that app, and the beta version does not delete or mark messages as read on the server correctly, plus the font is a little too small on both versions for regular use.

datacreek

Reaction score
Most significant by far would be spell check, but I haven't heard anything.

iPirate

Reaction score
It says "NEXUS ONE - GMAIL" but they mean android 2.1

[video=youtube;v33XmgQlhK0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v33XmgQlhK0&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Jer

Reaction score
It says "NEXUS ONE - GMAIL" but they mean android 2.1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v33XmgQlhK0&feature=player_embedded

That video really doesn't show me anything that I don't already have w/2.0.1 and I'm more curious what upgrades we will see to the email with the new v2.1 OS update. Spell check would be a huge help and I also hope they fixed the lack of ability to highlight/copy text of an email and click a link within an email if it was in a previous threaded email.

famac!

Reaction score
I asked people with 2.1 and they have told me that nothing was done to the email client. It is still buggy.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
How about a simple "select all" option to delete multiple emails at once? If 2.1 is still missing that, it would be a HUGE oversight.