And Just Like That The OnePlus 2 Is Out Of Invites!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
one-plus-2-ll.jpg

It looks like OnePlus will use the same controversial invite system for the OnePlus 2. I have always felt like a pre-order would be the best way to go. This way everyone could get involved. Instead of making the phones and then inviting people to buy them, you could collect the money then produce the phones and ship them. No one gets left out.

OnePlus officially opened up the registration list for OnePlus 2 invites. This morning I put was the 23,452nd person to register. about 30 minutes later I saw people posting that they were number 40somthing thousand. This evening I tried to get a second email account registered and it looks like all the invitations are GONE. OnePlus said that the OnePlus 2 will have 30 to 50 times the inventory as the OnePlus 1 at launch so hopefully it will be easier to get our hands on one this year. The site does say to return later so maybe they will free up some more invites. Head to the link below to register.

via OnePlus

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
The only advantage I see to the invite system is to give OnePlus a handle on how many units to commit too.
If they said they will build 30-50 times the inventory of the first go round, why not let everyone just pre-order.

Reactions: cr6

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
If all invitations are used up after what seems like 50 thousand, that hardly seems like 30-50 times the inventory. Honestly, I don't see this turning out much better than their first device launch. They need to ditch the whole "invite" system. This company just doesn't appear to have a solid financial foothold in the market.

S5 tap'n

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Maybe one plus 10 will have a normal distribution system and support.

Reactions: cr6