amazon wireless!?

Reaction score
how does this work? it would appear i can buy a new verizon phone through amazon at a deep discount! instead of waiting for my NE2 eligibility in november i'd like to do this. can i just add it to my family plan (replace my phone) not add a new line? does this affect my contract or bill amount in any way? it just seems to good to be true so if anyone has any experience with this any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks, -B

DroidLvr73

Reaction score
Without seeing exactly what your looking at the prices on there and all the heavily discounted suites are with either new activation, extending contract 2yrs or they incorporate your NE2 upgrade if your eligible. I could be mistaken but I am almost positive of this. Phones without contract that are new are NEVER discounted heavily. You will either have to add another line of contracted service or be eligible for the NE2 to qualify. Hope I am wrong, so please someone correct me but that is what I always encountered with Wirefly, Let's Talk, etc.. :unsure:

OP

Reaction score
can i do this without changing my contract? i'm ok with a new 2 year extension but i don't want to alter my current plan in any way. they seem to be making me pick a plan instead of extending mine exactly the way it is. it's the same on wirefly. also, it's extended two years from the day i upgrade yes? not from the end of my current plan?

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that Amazon can't extend your contract - they can just add a line or give you a new plan entirely.

you can upgrade a line ONLY if there is an eligible upgrade available for that specific line. As we all know when you upgrade it will extend the contract by two years.

this also applies to most of the other 3rd party online retailers....

579 if you dont have an available upgrade to use amazon will charge you the full amount for the phone....

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
they seem to be making me pick a plan instead of extending mine exactly the way it is. it's the same on wirefly.
Again, you're looking at pricing on new service. You need to choose the upgrade option and you'll see your pricing and you won't be asked to select a plan. Pricing won't be as heavily discounted.

does this affect my contract or bill amount in any way?
Always read the fine print when you use a reseller.

I'm pretty sure that Amazon can't extend your contract - they can just add a line or give you a new plan entirely.
I don't get why people seem to be unable to check directly with the source. I mean, a few clicks can provide a definitive answer -- see the italicized part below:

From http://wireless.amazon.com/help/200307850/
Can I upgrade my phone at AmazonWireless?
Yes. If you're eligible to extend your contract with your current carrier, AmazonWireless can help you upgrade your phone. Carriers generally approve upgrades for lines of service that are at least 22 months into a 24-month contract and in good financial standing.

Last edited: