Amazon.com paid apps will not update

BobC43

Reaction score
I picked up a few of the daily "free" apps from Amazon. Now, Android Marked posts to my phone some updates, but will not allow me to download them because I did not purchase them from the Market. When I go to Amazon, they do not show any updates available. Am I missing something about getting the App from the Market.

SallyC

Reaction score
In Menu, Settings Applications do you have Unknown Sources checked?

Edit: If you got them from Amazon you need to update them from Amazon. You will need that checked to do that.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Open the amazon app store and:

Menu > My Apps > Update Available > Menu > More > Refresh My Apps

That may bring up some stuff.

The other thing to remember is that Amazon does approvals. So, they check the apps (and most likely the updates) before pushing them out to the store. In addition sometimes updates are market specific and not app store.

SallyC

Reaction score
The other thing to remember is that Amazon does approvals. So, they check the apps (and most likely the updates) before pushing them out to the store. In addition sometimes updates are market specific and not app store.

That's interesting. I wonder if they have ever not pushed a developer's update? And what kind of update would be Market specific?

You learn something new every day on these forums.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
That's interesting. I wonder if they have ever not pushed a developer's update? And what kind of update would be Market specific?

There could be a further layer of "protection" afforded by Amazon so even if there's a newer version of an app on Market, that doesn't mean that Amazon has added it to their App Store yet.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Open the amazon app store and:

Menu > My Apps > Update Available > Menu > More > Refresh My Apps

That may bring up some stuff.

Holy Crap! 1541 posts...you're my hero! :hail:LOL!

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6

https://developer.amazon.com/help/faq.html;jsessionid=768408D5283C52D0BA90392C9F39A2DB#Approval Process and Content Guidelines

That section of the FAQ goes into their approval process.

As for different market updates. I think it has more to do with like billing or something. I just remember there was this one app that I got from amazon that had a market update, and the description was specific to the android market.

SallyC

Reaction score
https://developer.amazon.com/help/faq.html;jsessionid=768408D5283C52D0BA90392C9F39A2DB#Approval Process and Content Guidelines

That section of the FAQ goes into their approval process.

As for different market updates. I think it has more to do with like billing or something. I just remember there was this one app that I got from amazon that had a market update, and the description was specific to the android market.

That's an interesting link. So - I have to ask - do you write apps or just like to read esoteric type writings?:icon_eek:

OP
BobC43

BobC43

Reaction score
In Menu, Settings Applications do you have Unknown Sources checked?

Edit: If you got them from Amazon you need to update them from Amazon. You will need that checked to do that.

Yes I do, but thanks. It is not that I cannot download from Amazon, it is that they do not show the updates, but only the original versions.

OP
BobC43

BobC43

Reaction score
I think it is that Amazon does not have the updates as these are simple popular apps

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
That's an interesting link. So - I have to ask - do you write apps or just like to read esoteric type writings?:icon_eek:

Just experience I guess. I've been using Amazons appstore since it came out like a year ago, and noticed that it was slow with the updates.