Amazon Appstore error

jazzman

Reaction score
This just started for me yesterday or the day before. When I try to download an app from Amazon, I get an error message, "An error occurred while purchasing [app] - please try again."

First I cleared data and the cache for the Amazon Appstore app, but that didn't fix it. Then I uninstalled the app and reinstalled it, but that didn't seem to work either. I cleared the phone's Dalvik Cache...no luck. I don't seem to be having any other problems with my Thunderbolt, and my Amazon account seems to be fine.

I'm running BAMF SOAB v1.03 on my Thunderbolt. Anyone run into a similar problem or have any suggestions for a fix?

CageU

Reaction score
Just noticed this morning that this is happening to me too. Can't download any apps, free or paid from the Amazon App Store.
All I get is this message "An error occurred while purchasing (app name) please try again."
Anyone have any ideas? I just rooted yesterday. Is Amazon blocking rooted users from downloading apps or something?

Edit: Looks like apps can still be purchased through the amazon website and then downloaded on the phone.

Last edited:

davekoni

Reaction score
I had the same issue. For me what was happening is that I did not have my mobile one click set up properly (I had changed credit cards on the main site). Seems that even though the app is free the Amazon App store needs to have a valid mobile one click setting. I was not sure how to do this on the website so I did it through the amazon mobile app (the one that allows you to shop from amazon, not the app store. This solved my issue. Hope this helps. I am rooted running CM7 so I do not think that Amazon is blocking rooted phones.

OP
J

jazzman

Reaction score
I had the same issue. For me what was happening is that I did not have my mobile one click set up properly (I had changed credit cards on the main site). Seems that even though the app is free the Amazon App store needs to have a valid mobile one click setting. I was not sure how to do this on the website so I did it through the amazon mobile app (the one that allows you to shop from amazon, not the app store. This solved my issue. Hope this helps. I am rooted running CM7 so I do not think that Amazon is blocking rooted phones.

Thanks for the tip. That seems to have fixed my problem. I don't use the one-click settings for purchases at Amazon, so I guess I didn't think to check on that, but that seems to have been the issue. Thanks again.

DwTizzle

Reaction score
thank you for the help.

It was driving me crazy as to why in the heck I couldn't download any apps from the amazon app store. After reading if post I went and changed my 1 click setting and it worked like a charm. Thank u for ur post. I read a lot of threads that help me but rarely do I thank the person who wrote it. Being a new Droid owner I figured that I would take the time and give u all a shout out for. helping a brotha out and not making me call an 800#. So u da man homie. U da man!