Amazing: TAT's "Horizon" concept blends 2D with 3D in maps & contacts, must see demos

androidpolice

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.androidpolice.com
f68eH.png

The Astonishing Tribe (TAT) is a European team of very talented folks dealing with UI design. Their new 2D-3D Android demos showcasing the Cascades framework are pretty amazing.

Have a look at the demo videos (done on an Android device, mind you) for yourself and imagine having this functionality on your own phone.

foxdog

Reaction score
o look, more badass stuff from tat that we will never see

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, and I don't mean to be cruel, but... Does TAT ever actually release anything they make, ever?

I remember months ago hearing TAT Home, and it looked beyond amazing and they had a 'trial' sign up. Then I remember seeing other stuff they showed off in videos that blew my mind, but NONE of it was ever available. Plus we all know if the trial of TAT Home was released it would be hacked and spread out (not that that is good but it's just the truth).

Again I mean no cruelty towards the company, but I just don't have faith in something that is only showed in videos online. I am pretty good at photoshop and after effects too. Just hope this stuff is for real and released within the next 25 years...

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It won't be... Just don't think something like this should be in the main forum news being that we have not seen one product released to the market, have we?

Ill make a video tonight of a 'new app' i made that makes water turn into wine, but it won't be released in the market for a while...

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ill make a video tonight of a 'new app' i made that makes water turn into wine, but it won't be released in the market for a while...

It would be pretty swell if ya did. :)

moot

Reaction score
Maybe they are just waiting for google to buy them out or something. -_-

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good point Icculus..... I have seen all their 'proof of concept' videos but nothing has actually come to fruition.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
If u go to T.I website they have some videos of TAT running with the OMAP 4000 series.

Maybe TAT is waiting for dual core cpu's to come out.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Maybe they are just waiting for google to buy them out or something. -_-

That might be the best theory I have heard yet lol

actually this is very close.....they are marketing it to the manufactures.

So essentially they would like to see the new Moto/HTC/Samsung etc release with it i.e like Sense/Blur