Amazing script that makes your OG Droid feel like new.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renek

Reaction score
I've been using GB roms since Project Elite have have hopped around to CM7 and am currently on Liquid Gingebread. All of these ROMs have had awful problems with homescreen redraws and vicious memory management. I realize this is the way GB is supposed to be, but GB is also supposed to be run on phones with waaay more ram than this one. I recently found a solution over on XDA, thread is here:

[Script] V6 SuperCharger !! HTK & BulletProof Launchers! FIX MEMORY FOR ALL ANDROIDS! - xda-developers

It's just a script but it has done nothing short of wonders for my phone. No more homescreen redraws, no more pandora closing at random, none of that. I've been looking for something like this for years and thought it might be helpful to the general community.

*EDIT* Want to make sure credit is given. The user who created the script is named "Zeppelinrox". That's their username here and on xda. Be sure to donate if you enjoy his work!

Last edited:
OP
Renek

Renek

Reaction score
I used option 11, but I'd suggest you play around with whatever works best. If you're worried about messing something up just do a nandroid backup. The script has an option to undo everything it did, so the backup may be overkill

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I used option 11, but I'd suggest you play around with whatever works best. If you're worried about messing something up just do a nandroid backup. The script has an option to undo everything it did, so the backup may be overkill

Awesome script! thanks for the link, and thanks to the creator of the script as well. Phones running smoother then ever

OP
Renek

Renek

Reaction score
The user who created the script is named "Zeppelinrox". That's their username here and on xda. Be sure to donate if you enjoy his work!

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I'm on CM703 and ran this. Didn't get any redraws, but started looking around and I don't have the local.prop. son I reran it and looked at what it said this time and not sure what the deal is. Things seemed better, but not sure if its placebo or what. Any ideas on why a fresh install wouldn't have a local.prop file??

sent from somewhere...

-iD

Reaction score
There is no local.prop until u create it. It's a file that the rom checks for, individual user tweaks. If u haven't made one yet u wouldn't have one. The v6 script isn't a placebo btw. Some peep have minfree settings similar to his now, but the oom regroupings are very clever and effective. It deffo gives the D1 a new lease on life...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
There is no local.prop until u create it. It's a file that the rom checks for, individual user tweaks. If u haven't made one yet u wouldn't have one. The v6 script isn't a placebo btw. Some peep have minfree settings similar to his now, but the oom regroupings are very clever and effective. It deffo gives the D1 a new lease on life...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Oh I gotcha. So it does do something even without the local.prop?

Now to get the full use out of this script do I just create a local.prop file?? Or is there more I gotta do?

sent from somewhere...

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
No it didn't create it. I made one so just run it again?

sent from somewhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.