Alpha CM7 a/Gingerbread kernel available

DroidBurgundy

Reaction score
wow could this result in better batt life? That is by far the largest complaint about using cm7 on the D2

havens1515

Reaction score
wow could this result in better batt life? That is by far the largest complaint about using cm7 on the D2

From the looks of that Dev thread, it already HAS resulted in better battery life. Can't wait until this get as stable as/more stable than the Froyo kernel CM7!

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score
I will wait a bit to see if Moto indeed sends out an OTA for GB to the Droid 2. I would would rather have CM7 built on that kernel..... I think.

havens1515

Reaction score
The new 2nd-init process is kernel independent, so if there are major changes introduced in the OTA, they should be able to easily incorporate those changes into this version of CM7.

sb1831

Reaction score
I will wait a bit to see if Moto indeed sends out an OTA for GB to the Droid 2. I would would rather have CM7 built on that kernel..... I think.

They already did for the test soak.

tattedupboy

Reaction score
I'd definitely be interested in trying this, but only after the camcorder and camera are fixed. For me, no camera or camcorder is definitely a dealbreaker. Also, does anyone know if the alt Lock and voice search keys on the keyboard work? What about pre installed live wallpapers?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

havens1515

Reaction score
I'd definitely be interested in trying this, but only after the camcorder and camera are fixed. For me, no camera or camcorder is definitely a dealbreaker. Also, does anyone know if the alt Lock and voice search keys on the keyboard work? What about pre installed live wallpapers?

I haven't heard about alt-lock, but stock live-wallpapers work, and bluetooth voice search works again too. For the time being, 1% battery increments do NOT work, because they were broken to fix the bluetooth issue.

tattedupboy

Reaction score
Will this ROM be getting updated with nightly bulds like the one on the Froyo kernel?

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
once it's up and running, yes. for now, everything is manual.

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Running this...aside from known issues w/Camera/camcorder and video playback not working, i'm having some odd behavior w/GPS.

On the one hand, it does appear to be getting my location, on the other, there isn't any icon in the status bar, and GPS Test isn't showing any satellites or GPS signal strength.

At home now, so I can't test it's ability to track my progress in the car or navigate, etc.

Anyone else try GPS Test app to check GPS, or used GPS for tracking movement or navigation?

thefigaman2

Reaction score
wow!! this sounds AMAZING! Im really glad to hear about the improved battery life becuz thts what was keeping me from using the froyo cm7. i really hope you guys can pull thru on this, ill be cheering for you! :icon_ banana: