All Apps/Games Compatible Across All Android OSs?

rgrmatt69

Reaction score
Hey everyone, had a quick question. Tried searching and yielded nothing. I'm about to get the Nexus One here in a little bit, so I was wondering, are all android games/apps (like in the video below) functional across all android phones and operating system versions? For example, if a game was coded for android 1.5, will it work on my N1's android 2.1 OS? Thanks.

[video=youtube;mn-XaaQXIxw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn-XaaQXIxw[/video]

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not necessarily but in your case you should be fine (i.e going 'backwards' is generally fine with most apps). The biggest thing is to backup your apps because some of them may not appear in the market for your new device (they have to be listed for your OS to display in the market).

Use Astro and backup your programs new put the backup file on your new phone and restore the apps.

OP
R

rgrmatt69

Reaction score
Wow...Is that only when users are cradling the chin of it, or are people experiencing signal issues with it when they are holding it up to their ear too?

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow...Is that only when users are cradling the chin of it, or are people experiencing signal issues with it when they are holding it up to their ear too?

Not sure, I haven't been following it recently but I remember when it first came out there were a LOT of people complaining and even returning the devices. So I'd check around. I'm assuming your on T-Mobile now so keep in mind your current signal strength (were you use the phone most often). If you get a full/strong signal you should be okay. If you're on the lesser side you may want to stay clear or at least be aware that you may have problems.

Overall it appears to be getting good reviews on Cnet and Amazon.