Alerts

bhicks730

Reaction score
Is there any way to separate alerts? Right now I get alerts for text messaging and email. I want an alert for a text message, but I don't want an alert for an email. I get a lot of emails and don't want the phone constantly going off for that. Is it a setting on the phone or do I need to download an app?
Thanks

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
go into email>settings> and turn off the notifications for whatever email app youre using

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Your best bet in my opinion is to go to Settings>Sound & display settings>Notification ringtone and select a DEFAULT notification tone. This will be the tone that you hear when the Droid turns on or off, or if you have any apps that utilize audible notifications and haven't been customized.

From there you can then go into the settings of each application you and change the the tone. In my case, I found the little transforming sound from Transformers and use that for incoming text messages. However for Gmail and Email I went into the settings and set the notification to Silent.

What you can also do if you want some custom notification sounds is to either use Astro or connect the device via USB and in /sdcard, create a folder called Notifications, and place your small sound clips there. Now when you go into the notification settings you'll be able to select those sounds.