Alarm went off at wrong time!

CharlieX

Reaction score
Sunday night I go into the stock alarm clock app and switch alarm #1 from 7:30a to 8:30am. No other alarms set.

This morning alarm goes off at 7:30! Thinking I had made a mistake I immediately went into settings and low and behold it says "8:30."

What the heck??!?!

MrKleen

Reaction score
Sounds like your Droid provided you an entire extra hour to enjoy a good cup of coffee. The Droid was just trying to make your day a little more enjoyable.

Who knows what happened. I've read many threads where peoples Droids have done some pretty strange things. At least it didn't wake you up at 3:00 in the morning, or call all of your contacts hundreds of times throughout the night.

Strange.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Sounds like your Droid provided you an entire extra hour to enjoy a good cup of coffee. The Droid was just trying to make your day a little more enjoyable.

Who knows what happened. I've read many threads where peoples Droids have done some pretty strange things. At least it didn't wake you up at 3:00 in the morning, or call all of your contacts hundreds of times throughout the night.

Strange.

LOL!

did you have the Droid plugged in with some 3rd party charger?

I recently changed my alarms due to school being off today and one class off tomorrow, this morning i woke up to no alarm (as planned and well rested:)).

Try restarting your droid, after you change an alarm. OR what i do to make sure it goes through, i change the time and then turn the alarm off then back on again.

OP
C

CharlieX

Reaction score
DROID was in the dock (screen off), running GDE, nothing else unusual was running.

I too rely on my cell phone alarm clock. I had the iphone from day 1 and it served faithfully to wake me up for years. So this little hiccup bothers the heck out of me.... :mad:

What I DIDN'T do is wait till 8:30 to see if the alarm went off again. I just turned it all off and got up.