Alarm missing?

kzmania

Reaction score
Anybody notice on the 0.2 froyo bb that the alarm app is missing. I used to use beautiful widget and when I tap it launches the alarm. Now I cannot find it anymore and the only way I can access is to launch Clock and then click alarm. Do you guys know how to access the alarm?

ntrddragn

Reaction score
Anybody notice on the 0.2 froyo bb that the alarm app is missing. I used to use beautiful widget and when I tap it launches the alarm. Now I cannot find it anymore and the only way I can access is to launch Clock and then click alarm. Do you guys know how to access the alarm?

yup...my beautiful widget is the same. there is a clock widget i just use that to set my alarm. =/

trebb

Reaction score
I have Weather Widget Donate which is essentially the same thing...it stopped working too, but I found a fix. I unchecked 'launch alarm when clicking flip clock' and then saw an option to pick a clock app to launch when clicking the clock (the same way I can have a weather app launch when clicking the weather portion). I set it to the 'clock' app, which goes into the stock alarm application.

Hope this makes sense and is helpful!

gszeman

Reaction score
Update to 0.2.1, it works for me on that release.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

skaman9876

Reaction score
i'm running 0.2.1 and my beautiful widget doesn't go to alarm clock anymore, and also Alarm isn't listed in app drawer :( have to click clock then alarm hrm

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
beautiful widgets launches the old clock app..but bb i believe has the nexus one clock ap? or is it the 2.2 clock app and beautiful widgets launches the nexus one clock ap? its something like that.

ashkev843

Reaction score

I went to jrummys section and went here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/jrummy/41874-goodies-lwps-fonts-extra-apps-boot-animations-etc.html
Downloaded the 2.0.1 alarm clock. It is a .zip you can install using clockwork. Then just Changel the app it opens in beautiful widgets to the alarmclock app. Hope this helps and yes it works on froyo.

Z

ZeroBarrier

Just go into the widget preferances and point the "when you press the clock" option to the app called....

Drum roll please....

Clock

Please, please; no applause, it's not about me.

It's not that hard people. :icon_rolleyes:

Edit: By the way, it's not missing; the new Alarm app has a new name and that's possibly why your widget app can't find it. It's called DeskClockGoogle.apk now.

Last edited by a moderator:

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Just go into the widget preferances and point the "when you press the clock" option to the app called....

Drum roll please....

Clock

Please, please; no applause, it's not about me.

It's not that hard people. :icon_rolleyes:

Edit: By the way, it's not missing; the new Alarm app has a new name and that's possibly why your widget app can't find it. It's called DeskClockGoogle.apk now.

This would be correct if we wanted to go to the desk clock, but we don't. We want to click on the time and go DIRECTLY to alarms. We want the exact same behavior as if we clicked on the analog clock widget.

It's not that hard to understand people :icon_rolleyes:

BTW I know sapphire 0.62 does work correctly with beautiful widgets linking to alarms, so I know it is possible with froyo.